Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

2nd gear wheelies on a 600??? - !! NWS !!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd gear wheelies on a 600??? - !! NWS !!

So, ive pretty much got the hang of poppin my clutch in 1st and ridin it as far as it'll go...even got pretty good at riddin decent wheelies witha girl on the back, now i wanna know if it'll come up n 2nd gear or not? if so any tipps on how high to take the rpms? thanks guys
    *Derrick*

If you are dead set on doing that with your bike.... go ahead. Hope you are ready for all the maintenance costs when things start to break.

You will probably just have to keep trying until you find out what works. Not too many people are doing wheelies on Kats. They just aren't made for it.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Have you changed the sprocket sizes? Maybe that might help.
      2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

go bigger wit your rear sprocket. and u better be one hell of a rider doing wheelies 2-up
        Hello World.

Comment

Two up wheelies are just asking for trouble IMO, check out the "How to dump your girlfriend" vid in the pics and flicks section. Kats are a heavy bike, I personally have never seen anyone pull a wheelie through second around here. Might as well order your fork seals now.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Don't do it
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Do a KR search on wheelie and you'll find some interesting comments on the subject....

Comment

Have you turned on the kat's E.S.A.D. Drive system yet? For emmisions reasons they ship from the factory with restrictions in the carbs, head, and exhaust. However, Suzuki did install a switch under the tank above the engine to enable the E.S.A.D. It should be a small switch mounted to the frame at the front left of the bike on the underside of the frame. It opens up a good 17-23 horse and another 15 ft-lbs of torque. That should help get it up in 2nd gear, on top of rejetting your carbs.

Don't listen to all the wheelie haters on this site. They are all too newbish to ride 2nd gear wheelies doulbe up. You'll be fine.....
                None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
                -Robert Morrison

"
                well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

^sounds like a squid comment to me. havent you been riding for all but...1 year? check me if i'm wrong. anyways riding 2-up IS very dangerous
                  Hello World.

Comment

[quote="philwecksr"]Have you turned on the kat's E.S.A.D. Drive system yet? For emmisions reasons they ship from the factory with restrictions in the carbs, head, and exhaust. However, Suzuki did install a switch under the tank above the engine to enable the E.S.A.D. It should be a small switch mounted to the frame at the front left of the bike on the underside of the frame. It opens up a good 17-23 horse and another 15 ft-lbs of torque. quote]

Is this for real? Sounds like an urban myth in the making:

Why would Suzuki put the switch there in the first place? Manufacturers go to lots of trouble to save a few pennies here, a few pennies there- wiring and installing a switch that is not necessary to sell bikes, esp. one that is hidden, would cost money they would have trouble justifying.

Restrictions are usually (I would say always, but I don't know for sure what kind of "restrictions" philwccksr is reffering to) mechanical devices- plates that have smaller holes in them than the intake, sleves installed in exhaust pipes, etc.) and can not be removed by throwing a switch. And the cost of engineering and installing servo-activated restriction plates would be way high.

17-23 horses, 15 Ft/pounds of torque????? If there IS a switch that will free up this kind of power/torque, wouldn't it be well known? I mean, that's a better, faster, easier increase, for free (to the owner of the bike), than spending a few hundred dollars and an entire weekend replacing your can and rejetting the carbs.

And if it IS for real...
                    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by irenekat
                      ^sounds like a squid comment to me...
                      No way, that's an awesome idea for some quick extra power! Notice he's easing him in so he can get just a little extra power for now. I'm sure that's why he didn't reveal any of the other power restricting devices. I bet he'll unveil these secrets once WOK is more has more experience with the bike and is ready to handle the readily available 160HP...
                      ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB
                        Originally posted by philwecksr
                        Have you turned on the kat's E.S.A.D. Drive system yet? For emmisions reasons they ship from the factory with restrictions in the carbs, head, and exhaust. However, Suzuki did install a switch under the tank above the engine to enable the E.S.A.D. It should be a small switch mounted to the frame at the front left of the bike on the underside of the frame. It opens up a good 17-23 horse and another 15 ft-lbs of torque.
                        Is this for real? Sounds like an urban myth in the making
                        Of course it's real. Let him help the poor guy out, will ya? You guys are just wheelie haters .
                        ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Holy shiate!!! I pulled off my gas tank and found the switch that Phil mentioned. I can't believe I didn't hear about this before. I turned the switch to the "on" position and the bike I swear just turned into a hyabusa. I can't keep the wheel on the ground at all. Sweet!! Thanks phil for the idea I just can't believe noone else told me about this!! I can now drift backwards down a hill, pop it in 6th gear, pop the clutch and ride a wheelie up the hill all the way till redline in 6th. Awesome.

Comment

I have that switch right next to my throttle, its called the hyperthrust mode. Kinda like Streethawk.

Sorry, couldnt resist.
                            2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

do not ever do a wheelie with you girl on the back.are you stupid? you are going to get her killed too.

Comment

Working...
                              X