X

Hit and Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit and Run

He's going in on Monday for a full workup to make sure all is well. thanks for your concerns.

Comment

Hit and Run

Here's a picture of my cover road rash. You can tell it hurts.

Comment

that sucks I am glad both of you are ok. Hopefully you got the plates I know if that happened to me the plates would be the last thing I would be worried more about my son then anything. Good luck
        "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

Sorry to hear about this one. Definately really sucks ass.

What sucks is I did not get the gap insurance so I might be out about $1000. Good thing the bike is paid off.
          I am curious as to why get Gap ins on something that is paid off? Gap ins is for covering that portion that is still owed if the owed amount is more than the value of the vehicle.

Example: You owe $5K.

Ins pays $3500

Diference is $1.5K. The difference is what the Gap Ins is for so you are not out for something you no longer have.
          Ron
          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

that damage to the GS,and he really didnt get hurt bad,no shiate hes lucky...I hope you find that fukker and let him or her have it..in this situation gender means nothing.....good news is your son can get a last year being made Kat!!good luck to you and your son...they make Kats in the same colors as the GS...

Comment

Glad to hear your son's okay and ready to ride again, good luck on finding the driver.
              "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."
              http://www.putfile.com/91750frider/images/6658

Comment

Similar thing happened to my son during his first year riding. His first bike was an 82 Honda 450E he researched, found and bought with his own money. I went with him to buy it, and helped him evaluate it, but that was about all. He decided to take a road trip to central Mississippi, from New Orleans, and all was going well until he had to stop for traffic backed up on I-10. The woman in the next vehicle just did not stop in time and plowed into him. He told me he felt the jolt, the bike did a wheelie, and came down and over, onto his foot. Bad sprained ankle (ligament) was his only real injury. The bike looked bad, and her insurance co. paid for it. I took a good look at it- damage was similar to your son's GS500- and realized all the frame damage was aft of the rear shock mount- the wheel was bent, but the suspension and frame were both totally straight. We used a "bottle" jack to straighten the rear of the frame so the seat fit back on, had some angle iron welded to reinforce the stressed metal, and found another Honda 450 for parts- even got to upgrade his front brakes to disc and his wheels to Honda's modular mags (something-Star wheels), from the doner bike. Total cost for repair- $75.00 or something like that.

If this works for you, go for it. If you don't want to mess with it, let me know, I am in Roswell, GA, could come down and take a look, maybe buy it from you/your insurance company.

Glad your son is okay. Maybe a little fear would do him good...
                "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Glad U 2 R OK ! The way some people drive, it's crazy
                  sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

OMG gald you're son is ok, it could have been so much worse. No doubt you dropped your bike going to him. Good excuse to fix her up, better than before!
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

That sucks, glad your both OK. I deal with these things sometimes, and the punishment is crap.
                      More than likely the driver was one or more of the following...
                      Drunk
                      Suspended
                      Not insured
                      Vehicle not registered
                      Outstanding warrants.
                      Problem is if he is found he will not be able to charged as DUI, unless he admits to being totally hammered. Yeah right.
                      So, leaving out the DUI charge, you have the other items to charge where applicable. Then add "leaving the scene of an injury accident" (misdemeanor), "Failure to report an injury accident" (mis), "reckless driving" (mis). That pretty much sums it up. A bunch of misdemeanors that should amount to jack shiate after he makes a plea deal with the CA or DA. Looks like probation, and a civil suit for you to try to get your money which he will never pay.
                      If your lucky he was fully insured and only drunk. Then if and when he turns up you will at least get paid.
                      Hopefully who ever has the case, is a creative officer. If I was the one, I would blow the dust off the statute book and find everything I could to charge him/her with. You'd be surprised what kind of laws are in those books.
                      Never read if you had a tag number. If not, I hope the officer knows to sit in the area at the same timeframe of the accident to see if he rolls through again. Most folks are creatures of habit and take the usual route. I've found hit and run drivers this way.
                      Keep us posted I'm pulling for you.
                      Disclaimer; these laws are for KS, and may differ than your locality.
                      AAA-Anarchy, Armaggedon, Annihilation

Comment

Any witnesses that captured what type of car? color?

Comment

hit and run

Sorry for the late reply but I have been pretty busy this past week. I haven't seen that particular truck in quite some time. That guy has probably parked that truck and driving another one. I use to see it around. the cops haven't found any leads yet but we will find him.

My insurance company paid me for the bike already and had it picked up from the dealer. I only lost $250.00 unless you count the deductible which would be $500.00, not to bad. I don't know how they calculated it but it worked out to my benefit.

I will probably start on my upgrades next month, first thing I want are the custom sliders from the this site.

Thanks for the well wishes hopefully my son can find another bike soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X