Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Held my own with an R1 on NC181 Sunday...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew ol Blue was a good bike. Yea I think we need to see some of those pics...just cuz we dont get any of the cool places to ride up here. And yes Im still around been busy with work and ridin.

Comment

I'm up for taking another run up 74 after getting back from the gap I think I am ready to tackle it at a little faster pace now.

Comment

I really need to find some road like that around here. It is kind of bland.
        I also have had a couple of run ins with some of the newer sport bikes, many of whom were a bit suprised to see an old kat hold its own.
        One of my favorites was towards the beginning of the summer shortly after I got the bike and before I painted it. The plastics were slightly chewed up and the bike really did not look all the "fast". 1AM on my way back home, what looks like a squidy pulls up next to me with his girl on the back of his R6. I know the streets and thus know when the lights are timed; so I know when a fast start is worth it. I get the impression that he is trying to show off by going quick light to light. After about the third time this happens I guess my need to stand up for myself (and my 1100, which had no stickers or markings on it) grows to the critical point. Light turns green, I give a half second, and open it up. I don't he knew what happend. I had enough time at the next light to stop and turn around to look for him before he even got close. His reaction? Blank stare followed by a "nice"
        I am by no means an experience track rider but I had to seize the moment on this one. I ride with an experienced track rider who has an R6 and, well, he's good, and quick. He used to have an R1 but sold it.

Comment

Working...
        X