No announcement yet.
X

Thinking of quiting..!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q: John, did you give up riding, or are you still on two wheels?

Curious...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thread hijacked! Did JohnE1000 keep his bike, or sell it?
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I would have to agree with most responsees on this topic. If you don't feel comfortable riding and especially if your doctor does not recommend it either I would say its time to take a break. You may continue later in life when things get better and theres no rush. Take your time. Enjoy life.

Comment

I can understand you being hesitant to take the risks. I have two very bad knees. A simple buckle this weekend, put my bikeon the asphalt. Do I fear the bike going down again? Yes very much so. However, I do know this, for all the pain I endure with the bad knees, I would not trade that feeling for anything. The simple pleasure of riding outweighs all the pain.

I do not know how much pain you endure or the inherent risks associated with your pain and a crash, but I do know this. I took years off because of the pain, and whine and the call of bike engines kept lingering. The exhaust note in the distant always called, and I missed it. Every ounce of my body longed to ride again. Will I ever give it up now? Only when I can no longer swing the leg over any bike, will be when I give it up.

I feel for your pain, I am there everyday with my knees. The pain can be hard to deal with, but a coping factor comes with time. Examine all your options real close, hate to see another rider take the avenue I did a few years back, only to come back with regret over having given it up for so long.

On a side note, I risk more walking around the house and yard than riding. Since coming back to riding one instance in 2 years. Walking around the house least two dozen times. Give yourself some time and consider. Stay off the track and reserve your riding for leisure relaxation, change to a cruiser if you have too. Or if you decide to give it up so be it. I can feel your pain in this decision. Do not be rash and think it through. I have made this decision before.
          One project done, now on to the next few!!
          Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Comment

Working...
          X