No announcement yet.
X

Help Please !!! Cleaned carbs now extremely high idle at 10-11000 RPM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't say anything about the throttle cable because he said he took it off already...

Comment

I know, I read that too. Trust me people can SAY they did whatever they want. I KNOW why things do what they do. And you know the one thing that will make it idle at like 10K rpms? The throttle cable.
      Last edited by arsenic; 04-29-2009, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        I know, I read that too. Trust me people can SAY they did whatever they want. I KNOW they things do what they do. And you know the one thing that will make it idle at like 10K rpms? The throttle cable.
        You're still wrong. Don't know how but...
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

oh, I'm sure

Comment

Sucks you had to miss bike week for a minor adjustment, and the fact you had to dig into the carbs multiple times when it was just the turn of a screw on the handlebars...
            "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

the 7000 rpm problems were due to carbon build up on my float needles...oh yeah and tip on your oil lookin bad..dont leave the petcock valve in the prime position

Comment

how the hell does carbon build up on needle valves? There is 0 fuel burning in float bowls.

Comment

Originally posted by Dart032 View Post
                  oh yeah and tip on your oil lookin bad..dont leave the petcock valve in the prime position
                  Only worry if your floats ain't doin their job .....
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Dont ask me lol thats what the shop claimed and they were way out of sync... oh well w.e its fixed now.

Comment

idling at 3000 rpm

what's the one thing that will make a bike idle at 3000 rpm? I'm still dicking around with my bike since I bought it in the late fall. went through carbs a bunch of times to get it firing on all four and it was idling real high with a ripped float oring (the small one at the choke tube) but now she get's new float orings every time I pull them and I know it's snug there.
                      my mix screws are 2.5 turns out and I don't detect an air leak, although I do have a different affect from pulling off the sync caps. pulling cap #1 and the idle goes even higher, pull any caps 3-4 will drop the idle.. That is telling me air leak somewhere

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      I know, I read that too. Trust me people can SAY they did whatever they want. I KNOW why things do what they do. And you know the one thing that will make it idle at like 10K rpms? The throttle cable.
                      '95 gsx750F, '79 gs1000e '77 gs750
                      '83 xj550 maxim
                      '84 xvz1200
                      '78 cb750F3 & '76 FLH stroker
                      '80 fxs80 got whacked, only parts left

Comment

1 thing? There's about 76?

I totally made up that 76 number. I've read that 87% of stats are made up... Made that up too.
                        Last edited by arsenic; 02-21-2017, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X