• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting on the zoomed out picture
    -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
      Still waiting on the zoomed out picture
      sorry it took so long..here they are...not the best pics but will do.

sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
      k9 GSX-R 600
      GO VOLS!

Comment

daammnn... that looks even sicker now that i've seen the zoomed out pic!!

maybe grounds for a write up and a how to...????

did u have to weld it back together, or did u just use a rivet gun??? can we get a step by step post on this? lol

Originally posted by blkf150 View Post
        Do you know if anyone has put 2 pipes on a Kat?
        on a stock 600 or 750? not really any reason to... it would create too much back pressure and u would end up prolly losing power... now if you drop say a gixxer 1100 of b12 in... then, its def worth a shot... which is exactly what i'm goin to try when i drop mine in,
        Last edited by airforceranger49; 09-03-2008, 10:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
        "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

haha i could probably do a write up on it...but it would involve alot of this... "now hit it with a hammer....ok now try the baseball bat sitting in the corner.." bc i used alot of that... alot of hitting...cutting..and f words lol... but if anyone wants to know how i did it just let me know and i can try and tell you lol
          k9 GSX-R 600
          GO VOLS!

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorange189 View Post
            haha i could probably do a write up on it...but it would involve alot of this... "now hit it with a hammer....ok now try the baseball bat sitting in the corner.." bc i used alot of that... alot of hitting...cutting..and f words lol... but if anyone wants to know how i did it just let me know and i can try and tell you lol
            hahaha... well that would prolly be bout the best kind of write up, cuz i kno that's what it'll come down to if i do this mod, lol... but i was just wonderin like in general what u had to do?

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
            "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

That looks good dude.

Comment

Well worth the hard work.

Comment

Looks good. Now... do I want to try it......

Wonder if it is going to be louder for the passneger. I would imagine so.
                  -2000 "750"

Comment

Looks great! Found my next mod! Thanks. I have always liked a shorter muffler to show the wheel more. Never thought to simply trim it back! LOL. Please record a clip of the newer higher pitched sound when you get a chance.

Comment

I respect that you did a good job, and it was lots of work- and that it's your bike and mods are subjective (one man's steak is another man's poison) but I think the shorty is out of proportion to the bike. Kats look longer then they actually are, and the normal-length pipe fits that long look, whereas the shorty does not.

But enjoy- what the heck do I know?
                      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                        I respect that you did a good job, and it was lots of work- and that it's your bike and mods are subjective (one man's steak is another man's poison) but I think the shorty is out of proportion to the bike. Kats look longer then they actually are, and the normal-length pipe fits that long look, whereas the shorty does not.

But enjoy- what the heck do I know?

25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

that's one awesome looking can!
                          sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

I like it a lot... may have to do one myself. Maybe I can find a deal on one that's a little banged up on the part that's going to be cut off.

Comment

thanks for all the feedback yall!! ill try and get a sound clip up if i can...dont have a video camera tho so we'll see how that goes!! to anyone that said they might try it...the hardest part is breaking the welds! that was the worst part.
                              k9 GSX-R 600
                              GO VOLS!

Comment

I wonder how it would sound with an OEM can....
                                WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

Working...
                                X