X

RTR-SUZ-4 timing advancer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTR-SUZ-4 timing advancer

Searching the web for a ignition timing advancer for a 2006 Katana 750. Factory Pro and Holeshot say they don't carry these anymore. I checked E-bay and Amazon etc.... Anyone know a place to find one? Factory Pro has the part listed as RTR-SUZ-4 but I'm a little concerned because that brings up a advancer for several bikes from 600 to 1000 with different looking advancers in the picture. Not real crazy about doing it the "poor mans ignition advancer" way. Thanks!

Use the Bandit one, it's the samething and is still available. Check your timing first, it is available in 3 and 5 deg. You don't want to over advance, 13 deg should be max. Euro bikes won't need one.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks 92xjunker! Just to clarify, you mean the advancers for the 600 to 1200 Suzuki Bandit? I did a quick search and it brought up several for the Bandit motorcycle and one that was the brand name Bandit, but didn't see a listing pointing to a application for my 06 Katana750. I'm assuming you're saying to order the 600 to 1200 Suzuki Bandit advancer but just want to make sure. I have a lot of paper weights around the shop already. I have a US model and will check the stock timing before I order.

Comment

The bike not the brand.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

92xjunker knows his stuff. If you don't have any luck, let me know. I've got one that I'm not using, but I'm not trying to push it on anyone.

Comment

I would.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Looking at your location, you live in CA. If you live in CA , you probably have a CA bike. If that is the case, you probably have 7 degree timing on your bike and
              dont need and shouldn't get an advanced.

Comment

Leave it alone , it might not make a noticeable difference

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I live in N.C. and it's not a CA bike. I am mainly interested in running non ethanol premium gas and would like to advance the timing a bit to compensate for the slower burn rate of the higher octane. I'm a little bit of an efficiency nut and like to tune the motors of my vehicles and equipment as a hobby. I have a golf cart that has gone 32 miles on a single charge. ygolohcysp I sent you a PM.

Comment

Not to steal the thread but I'm troubleshooting my 1995 Kat 750 California bike and have one cylinder cold at idle but I've gone through the carbs several times and the dead cylinder is moving around (#3, #2, #1, #3). Now I unplugged the pilot jet feeds and gone through the pilot circuits again and again.. Reset float heights trying different heights too (I bought the bike not running and thinking now the PO probably had same issue before giving up). And the bike idles at 3000. Could the ignition advancer have something to do with this (do I have an ignition advanced? Looking at the manual it just shows the ignite and pick up)
                    '95 gsx750F, '79 gs1000e '77 gs750
                    '83 xj550 maxim
                    '84 xvz1200
                    '78 cb750F3 & '76 FLH stroker
                    '80 fxs80 got whacked, only parts left

Comment

Originally posted by lovecamping View Post
                      Thanks for the replies! I live in N.C. and it's not a CA bike. I am mainly interested in running non ethanol premium gas and would like to advance the timing a bit to compensate for the slower burn rate of the higher octane. I'm a little bit of an efficiency nut and like to tune the motors of my vehicles and equipment as a hobby. I have a golf cart that has gone 32 miles on a single charge. ygolohcysp I sent you a PM.
                      If you want to do something to help the ignition, add relays to the coils and enlarge the plug gap to between .5 and .9.
                      You will have a better spark which will help cold running and smoothness. Don't expect an miraculous increase in power. You might not notice anything but hey, it shouldn't cost more than $20.
                      As for taking advantage of the premium fuel, I don't see it happening. These bikes don't require premium and keep in mind that if you experience any high humidity, octane requirement drops. If you want to "tune" your bike to take advantage of the premium.

Comment

No, not looking to "tune" the bike to take advantage of premium fuel. I'm looking to get away from the ethanol fuel on a seldom used bike. My exhaust gas analyzer shows the bike runs a little rich on premium and I already know from dyno work on my race engines that about 3 degrees of advance is in the ball park for switching from 87 to 92 RON for a SBC. Increasing the plug gap makes for a little hotter spark, but it also needs .05 to 1 degree of advance per .10 increase in gap because the current holds longer before it "jumps" the larger gap. Which would make my situation worse. Coil relay mods have already been done. I think a awful lot of people browsed my post but don't actually read it. I'm not looking for a performance increase on a 11 year old entry level Suzuki but to return lost efficiency from switching fuels. I do appreciate the people that answered the question

Comment

Working...
                        X