X

Factory Pro Kit + Delkivic Slip on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xerrith View Post
    Also are those nylon pieces that were on the stock needles supposed to be on the factory pro needles? I put both the nylon piece and the metal washer from the stock needle on the factory pro needles. They're not wanting to come down as easy as the stock ones did.

When I put the nylon pieces on they were pretty loose because the factory needle is slimmer than stock.
    You would use the nylon pieces. The washer is a half step for the eclip, so that's part of the tuning process.

The needles will stay all the way down in the slides, so the nylon piece isn't supposed to slide up and down the needle once in place. Thus it doesn't matter if they are a little tighter, just make sure they are seated all the way to the eclip.

The metal washer... when tuning the carbs for the best eclip position... if you find that 1 setting is a little rich, and the next one is a little lean... you use the washer to set it between the 2. If not using the metal washer to adjust the eclip setting, then put it on top of the needle eclip as a storage location.

Yes, use #3 for calibrating the sync tool.

Yes, middle sync screw is to sync the two pairs together.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Awesome thanks Krey. I asked because when pushed the slide all the way up it wanted to stick. I have the washer on top of the whole assembly so it's acting as storage. Thank you for explaining that I wouldn't have guess that worked as a finer tune.

I'll be syncing them tomorrow. I made a homemade fuel tank tonight

Comment

Man fml with this bikes carbs lol. The throttle plates were snapping back good yesterday, and now the return on them is turtle speed. What do I need now? Do I need to lube somewhere on the throttle plates to allow them to snap closed?

Btw I noticed this before I even put the carbs on the bike so I know it's not a cable issue. Any help is appreciated.
        Last edited by Xerrith; 02-02-2017, 07:50 PM.

Comment

If you soaked them, you'll need dry lube at the shaft penetrationsthrew the body.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I did soak them, twice. Dry lube? Where do you get that? And where exactly do I spray? Sounds like I have to take them off the rail again?

Comment

Hardware store or auto parts store. Lube the shaft where it penetrates the body. Also loosen the carbs from the rails and retighten the screws.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Got it. Which screws will need retightend ?

Comment

The rail that all the carbs mount together on. Just to make sure you aren't binding the linkage.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

So I will need to separate the bodies from one another?

Comment

No, just loosen the screws then test and tighten them back up.
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

You're talking about those two long bolts that hold on the spacers and everything?

Comment

??? No, the carbs are secured to two rails so, they are all connected together. Loosen the screws on the rails check the return of the throttle plates and reset the screws. It doesn't take much to bind the linkage.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

My buddies 90 has the rails, but my 06 has these two long bolts that hold the carbs together . If you remove those bolts the spacers drop the and carbs come apart.

Last edited by Xerrith; 02-02-2017, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Hmmm, helps if I pay attention. I'd loose the bolt, make sure your not binding and tight them back up evenly.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Got it. Should be easy enough. Just spray the dry lube around the spring mechanisms?

Comment

Working...
                                X