Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on the road

Hi
    Just venting some frustration.

This season started good, with nice weather and a record early spring, so took out the bike already late march.
    My son was born on march 5th, so it wasnt much time to ride this spring, but on one ride 22nd april, i hit an ******* who decided to take a hard left turn, and brake in one move, without using the blinker or anything.

This resulted in my bike getting slammed into the left side of the car, and the other side slammed in the ground after i hit the car.
    Both side panels get damaged, the bottom panel, mirrors, gear lever, left foot peg, engine panels on both side, clutch handle, top box, and the exhaust pipe.

The bike got towed to the nearest insurance approved shop, and they said the damages was estimated to 48.000,- nok (a 2004 kat costs about 50.000,- nok) and they said that the insurance company wanted to fix the bike, in stead of condemn it. The shop ment that they could have the bike back on the road in two weeks. This shop lies over 100km away from where i live

After two weeks, i call the shop, and they get annoyed, and said that the bike is not finished, and that it maybe be ready next week.
    This happens five times!
    On the sixth time, when they claim that the bike will be ready next week, i drive down there, and talk to the mechanic. He has the bike up on the bench, and it looks new. He tells me he got the wrong exhaust pipe, and that the bike should be ready in a couple of days. I call, and ask them about my bike every other day for the next two weeks, but it still isnt ready. I get bored of this, and call the norwegian supplier, and get the shipping number for the pipe, and drive down to the shop.
    The bike was ready, they just "forgot" to call me about it.

I drive the bike home, parks it in the garage, and am quite happy having it back.
    On the next ride, i think it feels "new", but in the turns, its different. My friend, mammut89, notices the oil leek from the front fork.

I call the insurance company, and tell them my story. I said i found it weird that no one had checked my front damper after a front collision. They agreed, and told me to take the bike back to the shop, for checkup.
    The insurance company also told me the price the shop had told them the price for repairs, and it was about 20k,- nok (the shop lied to me, so i wouldnt move the bike to a closer shop, which i later told the insurance company)

Now i'm realy ****ed at this shop, and drives down there the next day, and tells them everything i feel about them.
    They just said that it happened after the bike was fixed, and not their responsability, but if i felt it neccesary, i could leave the bike there, and they would contact the insurance company to see what they should do.

Sick and tired of their bull**** i took my bike home. The whole thing has at this point taken over 8 weeks of the already short norwegian season.

I called the supplier again, and told them about my situation, and they sold me some new simrings for the price of shipping. they even threw in the fork-oil for free.

I have never done any mechanical on a motorcycle before, but bought the haynes book, and started fixing the bike.
    On this seasons to-do list was changing brake wires, and pads, and changing clutch plates (they started to slip at the end of last season, but got a whole lot worse after the accident)
    I decided to fix everything at once, and it took me 5hours changing the simrings, brakepads, brakewires, and clutchplates, dismantling the plastic and putting it back on again. I love the Kat this way, all mechanic, no electronic.

Sorry about the bad english (or american), but needed to went a bit..

The best part about all of this, is that now the bike looks brand new, i got a new top box, my insurance company blamed the driver, so my insurance price doesnt get affected, and last but not least, my bike is better to ride than ever!

Cheers!
    2004 gsxf 750.
    "A beer never comes alone"

Glad to hear to the end is good news!

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I love happy endings...... and your English is better than most of what I read on here.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
        I love happy endings...... and your English is better than most of what I read on here.
        Wut U mean? My eNgLIsh prefect. knowBody dont unnerstand my words. Err'buddy likEs my speak.
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
          I love happy endings.......
          Its not just you Slofuze, I'm thinking most guys like a 'happy ending'

Tom
          Last edited by tec; 07-18-2012, 09:45 PM.

Comment

at least you know where not to take your scooter in the future
            im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Glad to see shops suck all over the world and not just here!

Originally posted by tec View Post
              Its not just you Slofuze, I'm thinking most guys like a 'happy ending'

Tom
              i would have to agree to this.
              Last edited by scheib; 07-22-2012, 12:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ratgti View Post
                at least you know where not to take your scooter in the future

Yeah! And doing my best to get as many as possible to stay away from them.
                2004 gsxf 750.
                "A beer never comes alone"

Comment

Working...
                X