X

Chain and sprocket info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain and sprocket info

Gearing the 03 600 up for the new year. It needs a new chain before I ride it much. So I figured Id through in new gears as well. I know the stock setup is 15/47 with a 118 link 530 chain.

Id like to increase the acceleration a bit. So im gear shopping. Im thinking 15/49 or 50. Anyone have any good recomendations. Also, anyone have any clue on how much gain the stock chain can allow for? Or know a place i can order a 119 link chain?

Two links per tooth.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Order a 120 link chain, cut to length when installed. Chain will have to be even numbers, so... most likely 120 is the length you need.

I'd suggest the 15/50 or 15/51.

This make the bike feel like it's a gear lower. So ride around in 1 gear lower than you normally would for a few days, do you like that? Example... Never use 6th, stay in 5th gear.

If your normally cruise down the road in 4th, use 3rd...

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X