Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New

I am new to Katriders.com and i have finally talked my wife into letting me get a bike!! Just bought a 1989 GSXF Katana 600, bike is amazing only had 25,000 miles on it when i bought it. I have since taking it apart to see the Carbs, and they looked amazing! I was totally expecting them to look really awful but they were clean. I have two questions that i need help with on my bike! First I was looking to do some mods for the bike, but don't know what i can do or what can be done to it. Second the bike has been running fine for the past two weeks, and today i filled the gas tank up and with 93 octane and went to crank it up the idle on the bike was hitting right at 4000 rpms. For the last two weeks it has been running at 1600 rpms. Any body help me on these two questions?? Thanks

welcome to KR

anything can be done to them with money and time
    Last edited by 1990gsx 600; 08-28-2010, 10:34 PM.
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Welcome to KR! Save your money..... the Kats run better on just regular gas. Check and make sure your choke cable is working properly since you had the carbs off.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome^^^and what he said. Could also be a vacuum leak I think.

Comment

Welcome to KR
          2002 GSXF 750

Comment

welcome
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Welcome to kr!!!
              I finally got home and get to ride my KAT!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Cranked up the bike last night and the idle was fine so... What are some websites that i can look at to start putting mods on the bike, i would love a new front headlight look, but i don't really know much about Bikes, are all the plastics interchangeable? Thanks for the welcomes

Comment

Since you have a pre, your mods are kind of limited. As for the headlight, someone on here posted a how-to on retrofitting a projector into the existing housing. The plastics on 600's from 88-97 should be interchangeable. Are you looking for aesthetics only mods, or performance too? In terms of performance, best things you can do are a jet kit and exhaust system. PM me if you're interested in the Yoshi system as I'm selling one that would fit your bike.
                  Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Street Fighter all the way!

Comment

proper gear is important. buy it and USE it. also MSF course is the way to start. welcome and safe riding!
                      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                      X