X

Bike got stolen, considering another Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike got stolen, considering another Katana

Well my bike got stolen from my apartment early Monday morning. I only had liability insurance just in case I got injured on the bike. My thoughts were to just consider a wash if it got messed up and I would fix it up. Not anymore!!

Anyway, this guy lives in the town down the road and he is selling his '06 Kat but I'm not sure what I should offer. Any suggestions???

Grab life by the horns and punch it in the nose!

sigpic

DUDE!?!?!?! WTF is going on lately!?!? I'm sad to hear that man
    "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

I had my car and truck broken into in the past 4 months and thats including the bike gettting picked off. So you can guess, I am moving soon.

sigpic

Comment

I thought lodi was a chill place... not too much to worry about
        "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

sigpic

Comment

It usually is, Police thinks it's someone who stalks the ground who was recently incarcerated. I'm just waiting to find it sitting on the street somewhere so I can call it in.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear that man, it sucks!
            It seems bike theft is on the rise
            http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

id just sit outside in the bushes at night with my AK and wait for him to come back! Almost nothing is as low as a thief.
              sigpic
              If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

Yeah, that is low. Hope you find it and all turns out well.
                1991 Katana 600

Comment

P m me if you need a 2005 boulevard c-90 / 4,000 miles / leather bags /for $3000
                  Last edited by H-2 CHARLIE; 04-30-2010, 01:40 AM.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your bike. I'm really familiar with how it feels. Here's to us both getting our stolen bikes returned!
                    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Offer the seller about $3800 for it. That is about what they are going for or even $3500. He should take it. Bike looks good. Sorry to hear about yours being stolen. I have an alarm on mine but mine also stays in the garage.
                      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
                        I'm so sorry to hear about your bike. I'm really familiar with how it feels. Here's to us both getting our stolen bikes returned!

And thats exactly what happened today, the local county Sheriff's Dept. and me today and said my bike was recovered. They found it abandoned in a vinyard after the ignition switch, front fairings, rear handle bar and license plate was taken. But at least the rest of the bike is still intact. I am getting a disc lock now. But I am so happy the bike is recoverable, now I really have a project bike. I'll send some before and after pics.

sigpic

Comment

AWESOME! Glad to hear !

sigpic

Comment

The first three photos are before it got stolen when I first got the bike. The last three are as I found it in a vinyard 5 days after it got stolen.
                            Before bike 01.JPG

Before bike 02.JPG

Before bike 03.JPG

After stolen 01.jpg

After stolen 02.jpg

After stolen 03.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X