X

Latest track day...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest track day...

Did my most recent track day at VIR South course this past Saturday....

Pics of You had some awesome pics so I ended up buying another full CD.....

Out for a ride in the country..... Smellin the cow ****.....

Cool shot showing all the video crap and lap timer n stuff. Nice backround too..

Tight shot in Oaktree...

Even tighter shot in Oaktree...

Nice lean angle in the left sweeper.....

Brakes N Blip pre carnage......

After the carnage..

Thinking maybe I need to adjust this up a bit since it levered my *** right into the grass. Had to dirt track it for a bit......

Rick's pretty R6 ready to roll! Gotta hand it to him, even though I did up his headlights, he still rode it that way!

Unfortunately, it ended up not so pretty after the 2nd session. I even have the footage on my rear facing camera...

This, folks, is why I will NOT use Pilot Powers on the track. There were a few people today that went down with them and in every case, they let go without warning. They are great street tires, but NOT good track tires.

Yamaha hay bailer...

Tony's nice Duc 998...

SP-1Guy.... I am AMAZED that he did not go down! After he told me what tire pressures he was running, my jaw hit the ground! But hey, he made it to the end of the day and had a great time! His girl was a sweetheart too! Seemed like she had a good time out there!

Pit set up...

This is actually a bit painful to watch! Imagine how I felt being right next to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObiRmUdud40

Brakes and blip on the track.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNxKjhIDwA

And this one is my fastest lap followed by an off road exceursion into the grass due to my brake pedal touching down. You can hear it hit and then the bars shaking. This is the same corner that Brakes and blip went off as well as the guy with the R6 I know......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOh7uYRvS60
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

This first few pics are amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Who's bikes went down? Was one of them your son?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Great pics.

What did you think of the track? I was down there earlier in the season for the Moto-st event. Although I was not on the track, I really liked the facility. And my teams riders both said it was a cool track. Unfortunately a blown motor in practice meant no race for us.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

My son was not there Steve. The R6 was a friend of mine that just got back into doing track. This one may be his exit back out though! The Gixxer 600 was a local guy I know. I don't know the one that looped it.

VIR is an amazing track! I did the full course there last month and they have the ability to use North, South, Full, or the Patriot courses. All are excellent!
        Last edited by meanstrk; 08-29-2008, 02:16 PM.
        Ron
        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk View Post
          My son was not there Steve. The R6 was a friend of mine that just got back into doing track. This one may be his exit back out though! The Gixxer 600 was a local guy I know. I don't know the one that looped it.
          Ah, okay. I misread your post in the chatbox earlier then.

As long as everyone walked away....
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Sure messed up a pretty Yamaha!

Looks like a fun day ..............

<----- JEALOUS
            THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

Ron, me and your bike have one thing in common... we're both green (but mine is envy).
              Great pics and great riding! Too bad about the getoffs but at least everyone made it to the end of the day no worst for the wear (except the bikes)
              sigpic

Comment

Awesome Ron. Well it is time for that R6 to become a full blown track bike now. Thos pictures of you on the close ups are awesome.
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing!
                  Godspeed
                  CSBA #1167
                  Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                    Ron, me and your bike have one thing in common... we're both green (but mine is envy).
                    Great pics and great riding! Too bad about the getoffs but at least everyone made it to the end of the day no worst for the wear (except the bikes)

Tom..... Last month there was a guy there rocking a brand new Busa. Well, up until he shedded every single body panel off it when he lost it in T1 and ended up in the woods.....

BTW.......... Those tire bales up in the top right of that first pic? Those are the ones I was headed for in the last video.....
                    Last edited by meanstrk; 08-29-2008, 02:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    Ron
                    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
                    X