X

Wheel swap from Honda cbr 500??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel swap from Honda cbr 500??

New to the group and trying to get my 03 600 on the road. I have a honda cbr 500 parts bike and want to try to use any parts off of it that i can instead of buying new parts..

Would it be possible to swap a rear wheel from the cbr 500 over to a post kat 600?? Assuming everything matches up, size, sprocket tooth count, rotor, etc.?? Are all motorcycle wheels the same in that aspect??

Originally posted by 03FriedBanana View Post
    New to the group and trying to get my 03 600 on the road. I have a honda cbr 500 parts bike and want to try to use any parts off of it that i can instead of buying new parts..

Would it be possible to swap a rear wheel from the cbr 500 over to a post kat 600?? Assuming everything matches up, size, sprocket tooth count, rotor, etc.?? Are all motorcycle wheels the same in that aspect??
    Um, no... all wheels are not the same, even if it was the same brand.

So, can't answer the question. You could need to simply pull the wheels, and start doing the check for the info you need. Some variances can be modded for to make it work, but you need to find out what variances there are first before I could even start to suggest how to go about it.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X