No announcement yet.
X

Cell Phone Mount

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this center cap needed? I got a RAM mount for it but want to know if it will harm anything if I take it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger02 View Post
      This is how my ram mount is attached.
      Sharp bike - Who makes the windscreen? I can't make out the logo...Taller than stock, right? You like it?

Originally posted by nickgrill View Post
      is this center cap needed? I got a RAM mount for it but want to know if it will harm anything if I take it off.

Uh...yeah. It sandwiches the triple tree plate between the nut below the plate...You NEED something there.

Just taking it off will not hurt anything if you are going to replace it with another fastener before you ride it again...Is that what you're asking?
      Last edited by RobertTravis; 05-01-2017, 11:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

yes. do you know what size nut I would need to replace it with so I can uze the hole there for the phone mount?

Originally posted by RobertTravis View Post
        Sharp bike - Who makes the windscreen? I can't make out the logo...Taller than stock, right? You like it?

Uh...yeah. It sandwiches the triple tree plate between the nut below the plate...You NEED something there.

Just taking it off will not hurt anything if you are going to replace it with another fastener before you ride it again...Is that what you're asking?

Comment

I don't...did a quick Google search and only info on socket/wrench size for it. Doesn't seem that anyone lists the thread pitch...and it's a problem of semantics because the word 'thread' is so common on forums.

Keep in mind that MANY Suzuki bikes use the same cap nut so it may be worth the gamble to order one for a more common bike of the same vintage (like a GSXR) if you come across one. If it doesn't fit...you can always send it back.

Comment

I found this thread, it lists the thread pitch but cant seen to find a nut that matches.

Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
            on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
            or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.

Comment

I don't know...I have an 1100 with GSXR forks...

Why not follow this guy's lead & just mod your existing nut?

Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
              on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
              or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.

Comment

Working...
              X