X

Honda 919

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda 919

Bought a Honda 919 about a month ago and am in love with it.
    • Seating postion: more upright than Katana
    • Power: no comparison, crack throttle and hold on (monster torque) does not care what gear it's in. smooth power delivery
    • wind protection: what wind protection it's naked
    • handeling: handles twisties well adjustable front and rear (early models had non adjustable forks)
    Looking for a new headlight to give it a streetfighter look. It's a nice all around bike just like the Kat but with more power and an upright seating position. If you're looking for sportbike performance and an upright seating position I'd consider this bike. It was on my short list along with the 1200 Bandit, FZ1, and Z1000. It has less power than the others but it does not have to rev to reach the power that is on tap.
    SFC Smith US Army Iraqi War Veteran.
    Honda 919 Rider

sigpic
    1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

I should have seen that one coming here are the pics. To me the bike looks like a mix of a muscle bike from yesteryear and a modern sports bike of today. Other than the Bandit and FZ1 most of the naked bikes don't survive long in the States. Streetfighters/Naked/Standards seem to be more popular in Europe.

Honda 919 Rider

Comment

And Texas welcomes you!

I have liked the 919's since I first saw one. Thanks for the inside info!
        Last edited by zuma; 02-04-2009, 09:16 PM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Great bike! I was looking at those too before i bought my fz1, the wind protection and top end power bought me though. Fantatic bikes! Good purchase!
          -1999 White FRC Corvette
          -2003 Black Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I looked at those as well along with the Z1000. Haven't actually seen one IRL but I love the look and the color. On honda canada's website though I think the last model year was 07 .. all the good bikes are being discontinued .. no Z1000 for 09 in Canada.
            2008 ZZR 600 (His)
            Black
            Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
            Red
            Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

not a bad lookin bike
              2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Comment

Nice Bike!
                2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                BMC Notorious 918 HT
                2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

nice bike

Comment

Nice piece of hardware Smitty!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Zuma I can't wait to get to Texas and their long riding season. We've already seen a little snow in Maryland and a little hail today.
                      Honda 919 Rider

Comment

Originally posted by smittyrock View Post
                        Bought a Honda 919 about a month ago and am in love with it.
                        • Seating postion: more upright than Katana
                        • Power: no comparison, crack throttle and hold on (monster torque) does not care what gear it's in. smooth power delivery
                        • wind protection: what wind protection it's naked
                        • handeling: handles twisties well adjustable front and rear (early models had non adjustable forks)
                        Looking for a new headlight to give it a streetfighter look. It's a nice all around bike just like the Kat but with more power and an upright seating position. If you're looking for sportbike performance and an upright seating position I'd consider this bike. It was on my short list along with the 1200 Bandit, FZ1, and Z1000. It has less power than the others but it does not have to rev to reach the power that is on tap.
                        AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! how in the heck did i miss this one?

i am a member of wristtwisters.com, great deals, great info, lot of mod info. i'm barmatt80 over there as well.

i wish honda would bring the new cb1000r (the new 919) to the usa, but word has it is italian made and would be to expensive here in the states.

Biggest change for me with the kat to 919 is well the 919 you ride and ride and ride and little bit of maintenance. but one thing didn't change.........z6 is still my tire of choice. Gotta get ride of those french hi-sport tires, though they aren't that bad, rather forgiving till they start to wear....i got 3.5k miles out them. so far i got 4k on z6's(alot of interstate, dragon trip, wv roads) probably get another 4k.

glad you got a >04, oh yeah sorry you got the red ha ha ha ha ha (this is mine)

hit me up if you got some questions. i got a copy of a manual as well. though you don't really need it...just change tires and change oil.

gotta love the FI, that was the selling point (and of course the deal i got) for me over the bandit and kawi.

YOu definately need some renthal ultra low bars.....i was worried about losing the awesome riding position, but nope, little wider and since made of aluminum...no bar ends needed and zero vibes.

also over at wristtwisters they have a guy that makes a centerstand and a place that sells one that is like oem(but not $200). and a guy that makes a windscreen like the oem one but carbon.
                        Last edited by BarMatt80; 02-04-2009, 09:18 PM.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

nice color, you don't see many of the green ones. i'm on wristtwisters also. came back here today to see if any of the katriders live near my new duty station (ft hood, tx). there's a meetup forum that i found in austin, tx and there is a pic of a black kat 600 on a few of the rides. was going to see if he/she is on here. i think i was lucky only work i had done on the kat was service related, seems as if the 919 is pretty bullet proof also.
                          Honda 919 Rider

Comment

My Honda is not that new. It's an 85 Honda cb700sc but I too like the upright seating, good handling and virtually no maintance or repairs. It's the only bike I have had I knew I could just jump on it anytime and go without having to do anything but check the gas.
                            98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home

http://www.ghall1.com/videos/motorcy...C%20VIDEOS.htm

Comment

Same bloodlines though, the 919 is what the bike is generally called due to engine size but in the States it's a CB900F in everywhere else it's called a Hornet.
                              Honda 919 Rider

Comment

Working...
                              X