No announcement yet.
X

Putting the R6 Tail on...Pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking nice man the tail looks nice whit an other paintjob it will rock.

Comment

Amazing!
      That needs to go on the "list"!!

Comment

Some paint is on my list. Blue was the cheapest color I found while looking for the parts. There is a small rash on one of the corners that needs to be sanded out too. I'm hoping to have something done with the seat by Sunday. Right now I am going to make an attempt to chop up the Kat seat and get the front piece to fill the gap... If that don't work I'll probably finish up on the tail while I try to think of something else.

Comment

i have an R6 tail in my garage. I thought about using it for the Kat before. I may also use it on the wifes FZR.

Loks good. Good luck with filling the gap. have you thought about just making a filler piece that matches the tank out of fibreglass?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

after giving it some more thought, a fairly simple and practical solution would be to use a tank bra, and sew a pocket on to fill the void. Gap disappears and you have a quick access spot for your ownership and ins slip. An even better solution would be to make a compartment out of fibreglass that fills the void. That way you can paint it to match and even put a lock on it.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Looks pretty damn agressive to me. Cant wait to see the finished product.
              It does not matter what you ride as long as it has two wheels and at least one on the ground!

Comment

The fiberglass would be nice but I would need some practice. The last thing I tried didn't work very well. Right now I have the Kat seat chopped up with a magnet stuck on the backside. I also have a general foam shape ready but i was unable to find any matching material to cover it with.
                Attached Files

Comment

I guess I have to be the kill joy and say no.....that is not working.
                  The way the r6 subframe is stuck on there just does not look good at all.
                  Maybe if you covered the subframe it would be ok but like that it just looks slapped on there.
                  Last edited by BlackKatnWV; 11-30-2007, 04:10 PM. Reason: ?
                  Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Nice

Comment

thats the best tail mod ive seen
                      95 suZuki katana
                      Autozone rattlecan MoD

Comment

give me pics from after the paint job please

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKatnWV View Post
                          I guess I have to be the kill joy and say no.....that is not working.
                          The way the r6 subframe is stuck on there just does not look good at all.
                          Maybe if you covered the subframe it would be ok but like that it just looks slapped on there.

Originally posted by fods
                          Semi finished product. I think I'm going to shop up the old side fairings to cover up the battery area.

Imho the looks from behind are ok allready, all he needs to do is covering the battery area where the R6 frame allso shows and he's still in need off some idea to cover/fill the gap between the tank and the seat.
                          Nonetheless it's an idea with potential if you're not able or not wanting to (have) cut off the original subframe and (have) weld a new one yourself.

Interesting mod and still waiting to see the finished product.

Comment

I like it...but it looks REALLY front heavy

Picture a steroid infused body builder with really skinny legs.

Streamline the front plastics and you have a winner

Comment

you should do this next!

TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

You mentioned the side fairings. Have you decided what to do to cover the battery yet? I'm curious to what your plan is.

Comment

Working...
                                X