No announcement yet.
X

how many miles does your katana have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolled over 90k miles on the way to work.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• 93 gsx750 .its done 109000 original ,no oil burning ,replaced cam chain at 90000.still a lot more to go

Comment

• Like a swiss watch...

2005 750 just rolled over 99,999 (kilometers) this past weekend. Still going strong! No oil burning, still a sweet ride.

I found a thread about resetting frozen odometers here, and one of the members (Backmarker) put me onto a crew in Melbourne who might be able to help. I hope to hear from them in the next day or two. Be great to see if Backmarker was still around so I could thank him!
        High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

• Does it stay full of 9s instead of flipping back to all 0s? I always thought they would just keep on rolling.

My bike is coming up on 18k miles. She had 12k when I got her in the late summer of 2013. I would like to have more, but spend way to much time saving and waiting for repairs.

Beyond that, I have to leave her in the garage to save fuel; otherwise I tend to drain the tank every day. Better mileage than a car or truck, but too many extra miles simply for the enjoyment.
          Last edited by Prymaldark; 08-18-2015, 09:51 AM.

1997 GSX750F

Comment

• Pre Kats have mechanical odometers. Should just roll to 000000 and keep
            On going. Post Kats have digital ones. They don't reset. They just stop working...
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

Comment

• Originally posted by Prymaldark View Post
              Does it stay full of 9s instead of flipping back to all 0s? I always thought they would just keep on rolling.
              Originally posted by shpielers View Post
              Pre Kats have mechanical odometers. Should just roll to 000000 and keep
              On going. Post Kats have digital ones. They don't reset. They just stop working...
              Exactly Shpielers: Mine is a post-cat with digital odometer, and it's frozen on all 9's. Even the trip meters are pooched. Since I use this bike for work and claim my mileage for tax, I need to get this sorted. I've got a line on an instrument shop in Melbourne who claims they can fix it. I just need to take the instrument cluster out and sent it to 'em. I'm looking for alternative solutions, but for about $150 plus postage I should be able to get this hiccup sorted.

I know what you mean, Prymal, but my bike isnt' just my primary transport, it's my relaxation and my therapy. I've put a lot of those kilometers on my bike travelling around Oz, and most of them just running the bike as a commmuter. I love that it just won't quit!
              High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

• Originally posted by absyn-thesis View Post
                i know what you mean, prymal, but my bike isnt' just my primary transport, it's my relaxation and my therapy. I've put a lot of those kilometers on my bike..., and most of them just running the bike as a commmuter. I love that it just won't quit!
                +1000000
                1998 Katana 750
                1992 Katana 1100
                2006 Ninja 250

Comment

• Just rolled over 46,000. Still rides like new.
                  1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

Comment

• 20K I think... not sure since the last owner replaced the speedo, runs like it's only got 20K though. Perfect Compression on all 4 cyl but the clutch is a little worn.

Comment

• Recently hit 35K and still going strong....
                      Current Bike....2000 Kat750 in Blue/Charcoal
                      Previously owned....1982 Honda Silverwing
                      1986 Ninja 600 A2 ....Honda 1998 Honda VFR....2K Kat750....2K ZX12R....99 Aprilia 125....Lost count of quads and dirt bikes....

Comment

Comment

• 1999 600 with 58000 km
                          2005 750 with 32000 km

Comment

• 600 rolled 100k on the way to work yesterday. Now I've got no odometer. Next month going to hit up eBay for a new gauge cluster with low miles on it. Unless anyone has an 03+ one they want to sell...
                            1998 Katana 750
                            1992 Katana 1100
                            2006 Ninja 250

Comment

• Seeing all these really high miles on mostly stock bikes make me feel great about my purchase. Just grabbed a 98 GSX750F for $600 with 5216 on it. Old owner had it parked for a few years, said he couldnt get it running. Fresh gas, new battery and it fired up happy. I think im going to look into cleaning carbs, the old fuel is sure to be gummed up.

Comment

• Just passed 25k miles on my 03 600!

Comment

Working...
                                X