No announcement yet.
X

gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always wear my gloves when I ride, hot or cold. Like most others, I enjoy the added protection they afford as well as the added comfort (I have Olympia Gels, which are awesome).

Decent gloves are cheap enough that there's really no reason not to own and wear a pair.

Comment

Always wear gloves- safety first

Comment

I just bought myself a pair of Spidi Pentas in blue from Scuderia West in San Francisco they didn't have my size in stock so they had to special order a pair hopefully the'll be in within a week or so.

This is what they look like:
        Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
        fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
        fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
        girls = yammah
        yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

When I took my MSF motorcycle class to learn how to ride (and skip the NY state rider test) I was shocked that you had to have gloves or you were kicked out of class. Didnt understand it.

Now that I've been riding for a summer and on some bike internet things I've see pics of hands with no skin. And a couple times I've taken a pebble to the hands. Now I -NEVER- ride without gloves even when its 95 degrees out. It would be like riding without shoes.

Tho ONE time I saw a guy riding in NJ with flip flops on. Never forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMike
            When I took my MSF motorcycle class to learn how to ride (and skip the NY state rider test) I was shocked that you had to have gloves or you were kicked out of class. Didnt understand it.

Now that I've been riding for a summer and on some bike internet things I've see pics of hands with no skin. And a couple times I've taken a pebble to the hands. Now I -NEVER- ride without gloves even when its 95 degrees out. It would be like riding without shoes.

Tho ONE time I saw a guy riding in NJ with flip flops on. Never forget that.
            In a college town, that's as common as fat girls wearing clothes that are too tight.
            What the deuce!?!

Comment

i always wear gloves too(been known in the past, to wear tshirt no helmet shorts With gloves go figure). i have icon Timax they are nice, a little on the thick bulky side but still good. i wear them a size to small so they are pretty tight. i used to have icon metor( i think) and they were so thin the grooves on my grip eventually wore holes in the finger tips. not sure how those joe rocket gloves would hold up in a crash....
              03 katanika

Comment

I wear the Teknic lightning gloves all year, and it gets pretty hot down here in the summer. My hands sweat a little, but no big deal. I started wearing them all the time after getting caught behind a truck hauling sand / dirt and getting pelted repeatedly in the hands by what felt like little needles - annoying. I have no idea how people can ride comfortably without helmets, particularly with all the damn bugs out. It's gotta hurt to get smacked in the face by a dragonfly while going 65MPH!

Anyway, wear your gloves. You'll be glad you did if you really need 'em one day. Personally, they also keep my hands from getting numb when riding for a while. My only complaint it that it's a pain to get stuff out of your pockets sometimes. Ehhh, such is life...
                ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

I wear Joe Rocket Phoenix gloves, they're cool for summer riding, plus, I am living proof that they will keep your hands from becoming hambuger meat in the event of a fall. I'll try to post a pic of my glove to show what asphalt can do even at low speeds. The Joe Rockets are great tho, I didn't even get a scratch on my palms
                  'Tis better to be criticized by a wise man than to be praised by a fool'

Comment

Originally posted by dat1boyjay
                    I wear Joe Rocket Phoenix gloves, they're cool for summer riding, plus, I am living proof that they will keep your hands from becoming hambuger meat in the event of a fall. I'll try to post a pic of my glove to show what asphalt can do even at low speeds. The Joe Rockets are great tho, I didn't even get a scratch on my palms
                    +1 Ive got the phoenix gloves too. A great all around comfortable glove with better than average protection !

Comment

I`m new to riding, so I haven`t seen summer yet on a bike. However I got a pair of JR Highside gloves and I can`t see myself riding without them regardless of the temperature. The thought of my palms reaching for the pavement is enough for me to consider nothing less.

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Working...
                      X