My 1990 600 gauge cluster mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIKE,LIKE....good work....

Comment

try glueing blocks to the back of the panel to allow screws from behind with flat washers.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

ok guys here is the nighttime shots that I got for you. I think I'm only going to drive at night now bc these gauges look frigin awesome! I would def throw in there 140mph speedo and 10K tach but the speedo is electric and the tach only goes to 10K.

here is the youtube video showing the gauges on, then off then on with full sweep. If i didn't have the gauges on first then the video wouldn't be able to focus when I turned everything on.
        [ame]http://youtu.be/2AuXsHCy_QY[/ame]
        Attached Files
        1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
        fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
        55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
        R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
        Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          try glueing blocks to the back of the panel to allow screws from behind with flat washers.
          Thats a good idea! but the blocks would have to have more holes drilled in the stock cluster for the screw to go through in the back.

I'll prob just put 2 sheet metal screws in the plastic and call it a day, ill paint them black too, that way if I need to take this off I can by just removing the screws for easy access. if I put it behind then I will have to remove the windscreen at least to get to everything.

Hot glue doesn't hold, and Im afraid to use double sided adhesive bc i wouldn't want any film all over the stock cluster if I remove it.

Comment

You need to get gas!!!
            1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
            1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
            Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

wow man that is amazing, great job!

Comment

haha I only put a little in it as I keep taking the tank off to remove and fix stuff. I just put enough in it with a high dose of sea foam to get it to idle and run in the driveway. I got a 6 gallon tank of regular waiting to go in.

How is it that these bikes can run on 87 octane with 11.3:1 compression? you can't do that on a car ever.

Comment

Just wanted to update the thread. I got my motorcycle permit today and took the bike out, great sunny day, IT WAS AWSOME! The gauges worked great, oil temps got to 140*F on a city driving about 5 miles about 20 min. Took it out tonight again when it was dark the the gauges are EVEN BETTER! I would rather drive at night just bc I think the gauges look that good and I love my 55w HID system.

The gas gauge is so sensitive that the needle will move with the slosh of the fuel in the tank so its constantly moving but thats no buggy, its pretty accurate as well. Oil temps tonight barely got above 140-160*F. That was on a 15/20 min city driving trip each way with a 30 min break between.

Just an FYI i just got one of those SHORIA batteries from GSXFJIM and that is the sickest little battery ever! Weighs nothing and is like 1/4 the size of the original, but has 50 more cranking amps.

Comment

Working...
                  X