X

1989 kAT 1100F wheel bearings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 kAT 1100F wheel bearings

I have an '89 Kat and the wheel bearings disintegrated at 30K (in the car pool lane) I replaced them and now it has 70k and has been in storage since 2000. I just resurrected the beast and would like to replace them but I am having trouble locating them.

I used a mish mosh of what the dealer had on hand to get it going since at that time it was my transportation.

Now that I have it running again I dont want to find myself on the freeway with bb's shooting in my face again.

I found a place in OC CA Monarch Bearing if I take the ones I got there they may be able to match them but those arent the 100% correct ones.

I have read blogs about these wheel bearing maladays and was wondering if any other Kat owners had the same problems.

Any source for new bearings would be appreciated. I checked a few sites and none are available.

Thank you

You can get new OEM bearings through Bike Bandit but they're going to cost you pretty dearly. Have you thought about doing the 17" wheel conversion?
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I have not done any research, but it seems like the wheel bearing are standard sealed ball bearings. I would think that you could measure the ID, OD, and height then buy them by metric size.
      '81 GS850G, '90 GSX1100F, '96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

You can do exactly that if you can find them. I had some issues finding the (I think) left front bearing for the stock wheels. (Yes, the front wheel uses two different size bearings.)

Check Ron Ayers. I think their fiche shows the actual bearing sizes.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
        X