Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

82 Katana 1100SZ chassis...(Update) I BOUGHT IT!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 Katana 1100SZ chassis...(Update) I BOUGHT IT!

Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2011, 11:06 AM.

No motor? tough decision....
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I wouldn't, but that's just me... if you search, you can find the same bike with a donor engine in close to or at the same price-point.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I just bought mine tonight. $900 and it is running. 100% complete and solid. could have had it for $800, but I was dealing with a frenchman. I went to say, ''je te donnerais huit cent'', but neuf cent came out of my mouth. I am sure 8 wouls have taken it cuz she didn't even hesitate on accepting the offer of 9. Oh well.....I would have given the grand with no hesitation.

I gotta tell ya tho......I would almost give a grand for that bike just to have the body work for spares. if you have an engine already to pop in that thing, I would say go for it. I am considering putting my spare 92 1127 in my kat, or even the V&H engine...not sure yet. still haven't decided if I will go back to original bike, or make a real streetfighter out of it.

So...if you can afford it Matt, go for it. If you don't count your time you put into getting it up and running, you will easily get your money back by selling it with a motor in it.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I wish I could make something happen for you. I am looking. CP mentioned something as well, so you are both in my mind when I am searching.
          CP...I want to offer you that 750 so bad, but I know I will hate myself if I don't try to snag it for myself. the gf and I have this picture in our heads of a matching set....her on the 750 and myself on the 1100.
          they are around. i can get you something if you are patient....but no garantee when. there is one advertised now that is mint, but he wants $6k CDN for it. too steep. well, not really if you have the $ and can appreciate it.

Comment

Know how you like projects like this (and assuming I was the same), I'd pay it. It's well on it's way to this...

...which I love. It's one hell of a pretty unique looking ride. Love it.

Comment

Plus, I look at it this way...you should easily be able to part that out and make your money back...worse case scenerio.

Comment

hey...I was looking at the pics of the roller, and something hit me funny. took me a bit to figure it out, but now I see it. you are missing some bodywork. under the nose there is a suareish panel....I believe it is like an air scoop...or ram air. I believe it is designed to serve a purpose, although you could live without it. just thought I would bring that to your attention in case you didn't notice. you can see what I mean in the pic of the mint one.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                  Originally posted by AHF
                  Plus, I look at it this way...you should easily be able to part that out and make your money back...worse case scenerio.
                  Yeah...I'm pretty sure I could do ok if I had to part with it. (which I wouldn't intend to)
                  if you ever came to that point, we would be conversing. i have a spare 1127 i would lay on the negotiating table.

Comment

Looks like a POS to me! I can think of a lot better stuff to sink a grand into!

Comment

Originally posted by Flip
                      Looks like a POS to me! I can think of a lot better stuff to sink a grand into!
                      Blasmphemy! Hans Muth would smote you

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                        CP mentioned something as well, so you are both in my mind when I am searching.
                        CP...I want to offer you that 750 so bad, but I know I will hate myself if I don't try to snag it for myself. the gf and I have this picture in our heads of a matching set....her on the 750 and myself on the 1100..
                        I hear your confession for one of the seven deadly sins, my son, and for your pennance this day, thou shall build me a stonker engine to bolt into my exisitng kat, and all shall be forgiven in the eyes of God...

(all tongue-in-cheek, with a little hint of real desires sprinkled over it)

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i would def pay a grand for that...
                          still.. id haggle, just cos i could

cheers.joe.

Comment

It seem to be in nice shape. Do you have a motor for it already? If youve been searching for a while and you really have had no luck then do it.If I had an extra grand lying around I would but it and take my time to restore it..I love the old ones..

Comment

well...I went ahead and bought it. Talked to the guy tonight and he's throwing in a bunch of extras (mojoe I'll make a list of any left overs) and yes, he has the little pieces that go under the nose fairing.

He's going to drive it up here in the next couple weeks and I'm getting a used three place motorcycle trailer in the deal as well.

Now I have to decide who gets the B12 motor first...into the 89 GSXR chassis or into the 82 katana chassis.

Mojoe...did you day something about an extra 1127????

Comment

Working...
                              X