Decided to change the oil and peek under the clothes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decided to change the oil and peek under the clothes

Well,

Whoever put on the 4 into 1 exhaust on the bike I just got didn't care about oil changes. I had to remove the header to get the filter out.

But there was an upside, I wire brushed that nasty thing and hit it with high heat paint and thought I'd leave off the lower since it reminded me so much of my lost Bandit.

I also discovered that the rear shock is fully adjustable, cool, so I can play with that some too, maybe I'll have to sell that Busa shock I ordered.

looking good!

Long Live the D

Comment

It actually looks pretty good with the lowers off.
      Kyle

Comment

That's one clean lookin' bike, and I don't think I've seen one with the lower fairings off before. Surprisingly neat looking.

You know, it looks so clean you'd think it was for sale on eBay in need of minor mechanical repairs
        ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

I was just thinking the same thing woobie.

I havent changed oil on a pre 98 lately, but perhaps if you considered using a K&N filter it would be easier to get the filter off. All you need is a ratchet set with an extender on it and she'll come right off.

Alittle hard to tell in that pic but you get the idea..just need to loosen the bolt at the end and viola` 8)

Comment

Yeah those filters are pretty sweet. But the problem is that there is not enough space to get the filter out from behind the header. I can get it off, but then have to take the header off the bike, to get the filter out.

I'm going to look around and see what is the smallest filter I can use on that bike. Some of my cars have taken different configurations of filters.

The bike is in remarkably good shape for being a 1992 I think, it has it's "character" in places, but overall I'm very pleased and I was surprised how good it looks without the lower. Some bikes seem to "hang out all over the place" under their plastic.

Comment

thats a sweet looking bike..real nice.

Comment

the lowers look good off when the bike is a solid color like yours is painted. when the bike has original paint, it looks "off". the striping screws it up.
                and have you actually reach high speeds with the lowers off? i tried it with mine and found that it vibrates too much from the wind. I even have a couple of stress cracks from it around the bolt hols...so keep an eye on it.

other than that, looking good.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                X