• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tak for det Nico, nå er de din tur sykelen min bli ALDRI ferdig

Colin.
    Carpe Jugulum...
    1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

• First time 1100 owner.

I've just picked up an '88 1100. Would like to hear how your bike ended up. I'm sort of going through a similar process now with a minor rebuild. My biggest concern is an oil leak. Losing about a teaspoon every couple days. Not sure where it's coming from. Definitely collects at the oil pan. I have to do quite a bit of cosmetic work too. Need new turn signals and will be painting the fairings.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Oil leak? Spray engine cleaner all over the engine, get her clean. Then run it and see where the oil is leaking . My guess is that it is coming from the head cover area most likely. The cam bolts strip out real easy if you over tq them and that is a good place to look.

Comment

• Hi every one, I have at last found a place fore GSX1100F talk I'm living in Sweden just out side of Gothenburg in a town Kungälv. I bought my 90 years model of GSX1100F last year . and start to repair it.

Comment

• Hi Proudfoot, Welcome to KR and congrats on getting your 1100F

You really need to introduce yourself in the "introduction" section as not everyone looks here while you're there, post some pics for us - we LOVE pics on KR !

Good luck with fixing up your 1100 and don't forget to show us how you're getting along, any help you need can be found right here

Colin.

Hi DowntownDave. My 1100 is still progressing, I've added braided steel brake lines front and back recently but not noticed much difference - at least they look pretty I've also made up some stainless bolts to replace the crappy looking originals but still have more to do when I get time.

I'm still suffering from a dragging clutch which spoils an otherwise great bike but I have a cunning plan... all will be revealed IF it works.

Did you find your oil leak ?

Colin.
            Last edited by Engelskmannen; 08-15-2014, 01:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            Carpe Jugulum...
            1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

• Hello Colin have you hatched the cunning plan yet?
              If it aint broke polish it

1979 GS7/11 - 1990 GSX1100F

My Rebuild
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133928

Comment

• Hi,
                Yes, sorry... I should have reported back earlier...

My cunning plan was to fit the slave cylinder from the 1100G model. This has a slightly smaller piston, 36mm dia' as opposed to 38mm dia' on the 1100F. My reasoning was that the piston would still receive the same amount of fluid from the master cylinder when operated but as there's less space for this fluid the piston would have to move out a little further thereby giving more clearance for the plates to let go of each other - neat huh

Well... all that happened was that the "bite" moment of the lever moved... the lever had to be let almost all the way out until the clutch engaged fully but the sod still binds as before making gearchanges clunky and neutral impossible to find with the motor running - start the bike in gear with the clutch pulled in and it lurches forward momentarily just as it always has done

How's yours going ? you must have spent more time filing smooth the wear ridges on the clutch drum than I did. If yours is still ok I'll give this another go as it's spoiling my enjoyment of this bike to the point of making me want to replace it with something else...

Colin.
                Carpe Jugulum...
                1994 GSX1100F

Comment

• Yes Colin all good so far, still running in, I have clunky changes an a touch of drag but nowhere as bad. Using your theory I believe the bandit 12 uses a slightly smaller pistoned slave as I bought a spare which was no good.
                  If it aint broke polish it

1979 GS7/11 - 1990 GSX1100F

My Rebuild
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133928

Comment

• So much for theories eh ? once the winter arrives I'll pull my clutch to cleanup the wear ridges on the clutch drum and also smooth the leading edges on the clutch plates themselves to remove any sharp edges, hopefully this should help matters.

Glad to hear that yours is going strong
                    Colin.
                    Carpe Jugulum...
                    1994 GSX1100F

Comment

• Hey Engelskmannen i looked for the place that you bought your extended wind screen but could not find it on there web site.Do you have a part number i can chase down, or another source for a taller windscreen. I had a taller one but it was age rotted and the bolt holes split open and the screen cracked across the viewing section.But the guy i got it from had the stk one so i put it on and its about 6 inche shorter than the one i had and liked very much on cold days. Any help would be very appreciated, also you did a VERY NICE JOB on your Kat refresh and it looks like New WELL DONE! I have a little bit of work to do on my 1100 1990 but you know how it goes life gets in the way while your making other plans
                      TIA
                      Cali_Native

Comment

Working...
                      X