Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Doing the change to 03+ newer tail. with pics. finally !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GREAT post! I will be trying this conversion myself soon!!!

Comment

Received all of my parts, getting ready to start! Curious to know if you (or anyone) has some sort of diagram for the rear tail to go from the 01 to 03 version....

(I got the integrated LED version and the plug-ins are different, the new fixture has only one three-pronged plug... my bike has four seperate plugs, one for license light, two for blinkers, and one for main tail-light)

(Seems as if I could just connect all the positive wires together and connect to the positive of the new fixture, a big ditto for all of the grounds, and then connect the two "signal wires" for the blinkers)

Comment

im about to switch my 02 tail out with a 03 i hope it goes smooth. it should with all the info everyone provided

Comment

anyone know if the light braket of a hayabusa will work? 03+ Kats are very rare over here.

Comment

or anyone got the suzuki part number for the 03+ bracket?

Comment

Originally posted by t121anf
              or anyone got the suzuki part number for the 03+ bracket?
              The busa bracket is different. Go to ronayers.com and look at the bracket for the 03 kat. That will have the part number for you.
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

hmmm might just have to try this out
                2000 Katana 600

Comment

I have a black 03 tail fairing for sale in the for sale section if anyone is interested in doing the swap

2002 Katana 600
                  1999 Ford F150

Comment

anyone know where i can get the tail lamp bracket? i rang a dealer here in the UK and they say they dont list the bracket full stop.

any of you kind americans willing to ship to the uk?

Comment

where do you get the tail bracket that is needed?

Comment

Originally posted by t121anf
                        anyone know where i can get the tail lamp bracket? i rang a dealer here in the UK and they say they dont list the bracket full stop.

any of you kind americans willing to ship to the uk?
                        I have everything here to do the upgrade except the replacement undertray (and I'm debating on that one -- whether to replace it at all or not). Aside from the custom-painted tail (nice midnight-blue to match the rest of the '01), I'll sell any parts I can reorder, and I do ship to the UK. Send me a PM for pricing including postage.

FYI:
                        If you do switch out to an 03+ undertail, order Suzuki mud guard part number 63411-08F00 (about $7) or take the one from your previous undertail; the later models don't get this extra flap of heavy rubber to help protect the rear shock from debris and rain, and it's a cheap way to extend the life of your shock absorber (esp. if you upgraded the shock at any point).

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Re: Doing the change to 03+ newer tail. with pics. finally !

Originally posted by m_durham_226
                          ***EDIT*** You should also look into getting the undertail for the 03+ it is not an absolute must but there is two bolts that don't line up right near the tail light....

And this is the only part that don't bolt right up....but doen't matter because it can't be seen unless you are laying on the ground...lol
                          I have a question -- is the misalignment something that would be simple to correct by simply redrilling the existing under-tray to match, or is it that the actual receiver end of the set-up doesn't line up with something in the frame, etc? I'm just having a very hard time picturing the actual issue right now to decide how to resolve it when I do this upgrade.

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i am working on the 03+ tail install and everything is going smooth, but do i need to get the rear taillight wiring harness from an 03+ cause the busa light that i got has two light bulb holes and my stock 01 taillight only has one bulb. if i get the wiring harness from an 03+ will it plug right into my stock harness? thanks for the help! Tyler

Comment

The stock light from the 03+ should only have one pigtail connector that can mate to the 98-02 pigtail connector. See http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_03...10&parent=4850 for more details -- note the single connector coming off the light?

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thank you cyber poet! i will order this up. thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                                X