Group Buy for Illumiglo Gauges for ALL Pre-98 Kats (600&

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Buy for Illumiglo Gauges for ALL Pre-98 Kats (600&

UPDATED THE TITTLE
    Finally, something that we all pre-98 600 owners always wanted.........Illumiglo gauges. i have been trying to fabricate gauges for my kat. and after all the countless hours spent on this project...........i'm done. heres a sneek-peek
    Daytime

Night

Cool eh? (Thanks to arsenic13 for some scans-thanks bro)
    but what i really want are the reverse style gauges. after about 5 e-mails to Streetracerparts.com about reverse style gauges for a pre-98 600, they finally replied. this is what i sent them:

is it possible for you to custom make a set of gauges for me? i have been to your model development program and requested a set of gauges for a pre-98 (88-97) suzuki katana 600. for some reason, it has always been over-looked/ignored. i know this because i, as well as several people who belongs to an online forum with me, tried to request for the same set of gauges a number of times. this is the third time i've tried to get in touch with you (twice using your sites customer development program), yet i have never got any responce from your company. if by chance this dont go into production, is it possible to just buy a blank (plain white with no writing) illumiglo gauge? if so, how much? what i need is 3 pieces of 2 3/4" diameter illumiglo gauges. is it possible for you to print something on them if i send you an exact scan of the gauges? thank you for your time and i hope to hear from you.
    paul
    and they replied:

If you can get 10 people together from your forum, then we can make you guys the gauges. The price would be $89.99 plus $8 shipping for ground.+ $3 more if you want insurance on the package.
    We would need a gauge cluster from one of you guys. It would not be returned, so it needs to be a junk gauge cluster. The person who sends in the gauge can have a free set for doing so, if we have at least 10 other people in the group buy. Meaning 11 or more. Please take a picture of the gauge cluster that is being sent to us, and send the picture to all the members, so they can all agree that they have the same cluster. We have made them before, and found later that there was a slight change in the gauge from one year to the next and half of the people sent the gauges back! Please make sure this gauge will fit everyone's bike!

Thank you,
    Shaun
    so what i need is 10 katriders who wants one for their kat. post here then e-mail me at [email protected] so i can keep track of the count. wether this goes into production or not, i dont really care! as you can see from the pix above that i already got what i want (well sort of) i dont know about you? all i want is the reverse glow gauge, if that is impossible.......i'm happy with my glow gauges! :bigfinger
    PAUL
    93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

thats awesome !! you gotta think there's atleast 10 pre 98 riders in here that want these !!

Im gonna sticky this in the bodyshop forum

Comment

:handsraised!

From fellow 93 Katt 600 no dought!

Comment

Hey sex do you now the gauges are the same except for the fuel gauge and our tachs start redlining at 12 and half for the pre 98 750's? But who cares about the half of the red line. Just thought I would tell you that. Might be able to get more of a group buy on them with the pre 750 people.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
          Hey sex do you now the gauges are the same except for the fuel gauge and our tachs start redlining at 12 and half for the pre 98 750's? But who cares about the half of the red line. Just thought I would tell you that. Might be able to get more of a group buy on them with the pre 750 people.
          thanks kickitjp and n4s750 glad somebody else likes it as much as i do.

HS2020, no offence to 750 owners, i asked them for a 600. that was the problem they had when they said that they made those before. i dont know for which bike they made it for(600 or 750?) but i will e-mail them again and ask about the 750. they sould have no problem making them(since all they got to do is a smaller gas gauge) maybe they can even send both gas gauges with the kit so they dont have to worry if the buyers will have the right set. about the tach with different redlines, i guess if 750 owners are ok with the 600 redline, then its all good. i'll let you guys know what they say.
          PAUL
          93 GSXF6 PIX.

Comment

Keep me in mind Paul...thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
              Keep me in mind Paul...thanks!
              gotcha bro!

ok theres 1, we need 9 more. chris(arsenic13) where ya at dude?
              PAUL
              93 GSXF6 PIX.

Comment

jeeze dude, I'm working on making the reverse glows. Put me down though I'll buy one. I also have a junk speedo and tach I can send them. I also tried to add the kat600 to ther product development list, no reply.

Comment

I have a spare tach and fuel gauge I can send them for the pre 98 750's. They already have the speedo. They are the same ones. Trust me I know this for a fact.
                  www.mopowersports.com

Comment

we will probably need 10 for the 600 and 10 for the 750, Paul, find out for us will you? If we only need ten total between the 600 and 750, we could have that tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
                      jeeze dude, I'm working on making the reverse glows. Put me down though I'll buy one. I also have a junk speedo and tach I can send them. I also tried to add the kat600 to ther product development list, no reply.
                      i know bro. all i wanted was to ask them if they would sell me a blank gauges(no prints) for what your working on (see i'm thinking about you ) did not think that they would finally reply after sending them tons of e-mail.

HS2020 - i e-mailed them about the 750. asked them about having both size gas gauge on the kit and the 750 can use the same tach as the 600 (that way they dont jack-up the price) i'm still waiting for their answer. i'll keep you guys posted when i get a reply.

so now i have 3 people on the list:
                      me, kickitjp and arsenic13 .............anybody else?
                      PAUL
                      93 GSXF6 PIX.

Comment

So do they realize that pre98 gauges are not meant to come apart? They might change their story once they figure out you need to pry up the ring on the face of the gauge and break the seal to actually access the faces. Just a thought...

Also, if you want to doit yourself and have access to a computer, scanner, and some image editing software it's not that diffuclt. If a certain southern ever sends me a set og gauges, I'll be doing a second set and would be willing to post up high quality scans for others to use.

Comment

im down

Comment

UPDATE ON THE 750 GAUGES:

OK for HS2020 and all other 750 owners who wanted the reverse glow gauges. after i e-mailed them about making them for 750's too, heres the responce i got:

Yes the price is for reverse. If people wanted standard style too we would need another 10 people! I understand the problem with the different size fuel gauges. We can do that no problem, and the 750 guys could join in on your group buy. I might even be able to make the extra Tach for them as well, but for sure the Fuel! I would need one of the fuel gauges from the 750 to do the art. I would prefer the whole unit too, to make sure everything is the same as the 600. Sometimes there are small differences that would make it not work!
                            So we will need a 600 and a 750 gauge cluster from you guys! You can find one at a local bike junk yard or try ebay, or even online junk yards!

Thank you
                            so for all the pre-98 owners that are interested, let me know (put +1 before your post so i know you want one without the confusion-ty) if you want one.

High are you in?
                            lucky6man, did you want one too?

if you do, then so far i got 4 (me, kickitjp, arsenic13 and lucky6man)
                            PAUL
                            93 GSXF6 PIX.

Comment

Yeah I can go in but I do know that when I took a perfect working speed gauge I broke into pieces. I can send them the fuel gauge and tach for the 750's and they can use the the speedometer from the 600's. We get the 10 needed I will go in and send them the gauges.
                              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
                              X