X

Please explain this...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please explain this...

In the process of bleeding my brakes, if I close up the system and pump the lever there is very little effort the first time and effort builds after the third or 4th pump. If I come back to it later, it starts over. I can't seem to bleed past the halfway point. Is there a small leak in my system somewhere, or is this common when brakes aren't completely bled?

Thanks...

BTW, front brakes only. Rear doesn't encounter this issue.

Sounds like you got air somewhere...
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

You might have air bubbles or a slow leak. Leave it overnight, and then see if there is any fluid on your garage floor.
      -
      -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Double check the fittings and make sure they are torqued to the right spec. You have the speed bleeders still on? If so take them off, I feel they are making it harder for you to bleed the brakes. Others that have had speed bleeders on their brakes had the same problem. I can give you a call tomorrow afternoon if you like. Just let me know.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Nah, thanks for the offer though. Everything is on here and uhhh . . .

Small dumb thing, I just noticed I've been bleeding the brakes on handlebar setting 4 . . . so I haven't gotten anywhere near the bleeding I should have gotten. It's always the little things. So annoying. The lever effort may have also been in my head, as my hand might just be weaker for the second and so on pull.

Comment

Originally posted by Dago View Post
            Nah, thanks for the offer though. Everything is on here and uhhh . . .

Small dumb thing, I just noticed I've been bleeding the brakes on handlebar setting 4 . . . so I haven't gotten anywhere near the bleeding I should have gotten. It's always the little things. So annoying. The lever effort may have also been in my head, as my hand might just be weaker for the second and so on pull.
            First rule of wrenching on a bike... check 'operator headspace and timing' before you open the tool box.

Check again over the next few days - if symptoms return, call Jimmy and he'll square you away.
            "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Yeah, it's been a long week and a half of nothing but bike, I was bound to get screwed up near the end.

Comment

Working...
              X