X

Day at the Track

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day at the Track

Any of you 1100 owners get a chance to run on a quarter mile or eighth mile strip? I did this evening for the first time on an eighth mile track and it was great. It ran about 100mph at 7.6sec. Not bad I don't think considering the new ZX-14 there was running ~110mph @ 7.3sec.

The problem of course with all this is that now I need more speed. The second problem is it's a 15 year old bike being a '93 and I don't want to run it into the ground either. Ideas?
    Brian "b-man"
    '93 Katana 1100

The guy on the ZX14 didn't deserve to be there! I'm pretty sure I was running 7.3-7.4 in the eighth on my 750! That equates to about 11.3-11.4 in the 1/4. That's pitiful for a ZX14.
    7.6 isn't bad at all for a Kat 1100. That runs out to like 11.8-11.9 in the quarter, which is completely respectable for your first time out. It's roughly what I ran my first time, too!
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I ran my 1100 once. it was in the low to mid 12's at 128ish mph......which would normally suck.....

but I had my 3 givi hardcases attached to the bike and loaded with gear....as well as a tent strapped across the back with another bag of junk on top of that.

they didn't want me to run like that, but I promised I would clear the track of all my junk if I went down
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
      X