X

Busa vs. ZX-14 and GSXF Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busa vs. ZX-14 and GSXF Review

I got home today and the new issue of Rider magazine was waiting. It has a head to head of the 2008 ZX-14 and Busa. It also has a review of the 2008 GSXF650. Check it out, it is very informative.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

An evenvitable comparison. Hope to read the article soon. Thanks for the heads-up, KS.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
      An evenvitable comparison. Hope to read the article soon. Thanks for the heads-up, KS.
      You are welcome. Here is the cover.

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
        I got home today and the new issue of Rider magazine was waiting. It has a head to head of the 2008 ZX-14 and Busa. It also has a review of the 2008 GSXF650. Check it out, it is very informative.
        I don't have the magazine. Which one did they like more? What did they say? C'mon KS don't hold out on me
        2007 Honda CBR600rr
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
          I don't have the magazine. Which one did they like more? What did they say? C'mon KS don't hold out on me
          They rated it from a touring type review instead of the drag strip. Not really one over the other. Each had some strengths over the other.

Comment

seen the drag review on tv the zx-14 was able to keep up:smt084
            Last edited by giggles88; 01-30-2008, 09:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by giggles88 View Post
              seen the drag review on tv the zx-14 was able to keep up:smt084
              I can't decide which one looks better. They are both purty!

Comment

To make an educated guess, I would have to say that it probably would come down to brand preference. Both "Beasts" have enough hp's to make that part of it a mute point. Both are high quality products. I've ridden my brother-n-law's Busa and I've sat on a 14, I think the Busa does tall people better. I'm sure the 14 has it's strengthes to counter the "tall" thing. You can go tit for tat all day long and still not come up with a favorite. Even performance wise, how fast do you want to go ? How fast do you want to reach that top speed ? Ever hunt field mice with a 12 gauge shotgun using #12 buckshot ? Get my point ? Motorcycles hit a point about 10 years ago. That point being the average rider (myself included) could never ride these bikes to their potential. I know maybe 1-2 real world guys that may be able to really scratch the surface of todays hi-performance 600's, the 1000's are out of the question. I'm not talking about the giuy who makes a living racing, I'm talking about the guy you see motoring around town.

Just my opinion, but brand preference wins in a real world contest.
                Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 01-30-2008, 09:58 PM.
                The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
                  To make an educated guess, I would have to say that it probably would come down to brand preference. Both "Beasts" have enough hp's to make that part of it a mute point. Both are high quality products. I've sat on a Busa and I've sat on a 14, I think the Busa does tall people better. I'm sure the 14 has it's strengthes to counter the tall thing. You can go tit for tat all day long and still not come up with a favorite. Even performance wise, how fast do you want to go ? How fast do you want to reach that top speed ? Ever hunt field mice with a 12 gauge shotgun using #12 buckshot ? Get my point ? Motorcycles hit a point about 10 years ago. That point being the average rider (myself included) could never ride these bikes to their potential. I know maybe 1-2 real world guys that may be able to really scratch the surface of todays hi-performance 600's, the 1000's are out of the question. I'm not talking about the giuy who makes a living racing, I'm talking about the guy you see motoring around town.

Just my opinion, but brand preference wins in a real world contest.

Comment

I was wondering on things like riding comfort and handling, which they liked better.

I agree that both bikes are really sweet looking and perform better than I will ever need.

I sat on both bikes at the bike show and really like them both.
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

Comparisons go stock for stock. I have a '14, but one thing that I don't have is stupid brand loyalty. I'm a consumer and whoever has my personal favorite product at the time I'm buying gets my dollar.

Everyone has their shopping list and the '14 fit mine better when I made the purchase and having sat on the 08 'busa, it still does. Do I care who ends up .00003 faster in a quarter mile. -Not in the least.

By the way, as tested, both of them have been shown to have slightly less power and torque than the 06 '14 because of the new Euro standards they had to comply with. Yessss!

Too bad I weigh 250 pounds.
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                        Comparisons go stock for stock. I have a '14, but one thing that I don't have is stupid brand loyalty. I'm a consumer and whoever has my personal favorite product at the time I'm buying gets my dollar.

Everyone has their shopping list and the '14 fit mine better when I made the purchase and having sat on the 08 'busa, it still does. Do I care who ends up .00003 faster in a quarter mile. -Not in the least.

By the way, as tested, both of them have been shown to have slightly less power and torque than the 06 '14 because of the new Euro standards they had to comply with. Yessss!

I would like one of each please, the busa and a ZX-14
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post

Well, it's not only brand preference / loyalty, however that crowd does exist. I myself, am with you, it is what fits you better (price, ergos, power, whatever). As stated, after riding my brother-n-laws Busa and sitting on a 14 (after sitting on it a test ride was not ness, I couldn't get into the feel of it, that's just me though), my preference went to the Busa between those two. Real truth be told, I prefer Hondas (I do like the CBR1100XX).

That's just me though.

250 lbs, that's cute little fella
                          Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 01-31-2008, 04:24 PM.
                          The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

what it comes down to is engineering. The Busa is a Suzuki, great design. The ZX-14 is a Kawasaki, completely a$$ backwards Yes, that is my professional opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
                              what it comes down to is engineering. The Busa is a Suzuki, great design. The ZX-14 is a Kawasaki, completely a$$ backwards Yes, that is my professional opinion.
                              I was reading in Motorcylclist that the target for the Suzuki was to handle better than a Kaw and to be faster than a Honda. They were doing the history of the "GS" and spotlighted the GS1000. Don't recall if Yamaha figured into that formula at all. My point is I believe it has always been and always will be pilot capability and preference.

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Working...
                              X