X

What year is this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year is this

Someone on craigslist has this as a 1998 and wants 1500 for it, i emailed him and told him def wasnt a 98, i thought more like an early 90's or late 80's... his words were "then it's a 97" Im ready to red flag him.
    Last edited by tjroux; 01-25-2008, 04:11 PM.

I think you may have forgot to paste the link in.
    '96 600GSXF

Comment

linkage brah....
      2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
      Traded in the 02 KAT 600 and sold the 02 KX250..
      2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

that is the same rear light that I have on my 93 Kat. Same grab bar also. Get a vin ####. It's no 98. Unless he altered it.
        Last edited by Kfreak; 01-25-2008, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Def. a pre 98..
          I have to ask though..
          It seem some of the members get pretty twisted about mislabeled bikes etc..
          I know for a fact there is a part on eBay listed for 98-06 but I know it won't fit beyond 03.. But whatever not my fight. I understand pride about the Kats but do we need to search out mislabeled stuff and blast the listers?

Just wondering..

Comment

Well...... I wouldn't have called and had him on the carpet for it. I would have passed on it. Buyer beware is what it is called.

Comment

It works both ways...

I scored a Monte Carlo SS with a TON of parts, years ago off Ebay because the seller spelled Monte Carlo wrong and put it in the wrong section.

Buyer beware always.

And $1500? Only a shot from the rear?

Looks like it's missing the LH mirror too...

Comment

guy is local, i dont like to crap on people, but dont lie to the public, people can smell rat miles away...

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                  Def. a pre 98..
                  I have to ask though..
                  It seem some of the members get pretty twisted about mislabeled bikes etc..
                  I know for a fact there is a part on eBay listed for 98-06 but I know it won't fit beyond 03.. But whatever not my fight. I understand pride about the Kats but do we need to search out mislabeled stuff and blast the listers?

Just wondering..

I can't recall if I've ever messaged a seller about a mislabled part but if I was to it would be to give the seller a chance to correct it and in the case of ebay avoid some (possible) negative feedback.
                  Kyle

Comment

It would be very interesting if his title is wrong and lists the bike as a 98.
                    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                    JOHN 16:33

Comment

When I bought my kat it was labeled on craigs list as a 96 and its really a 95... some people don't care, they are using craigs list just to sell it... honest mistake, some people don't take the time to look up to even know 98+ have different styling, etc. I usually don't make a big deal about it unless I see somebody is going to get ripped off... for example they are stating something is like a top of the line part/model and its not and not really noticable. I ran into that a lot with Honda parts back when I had my CRX.

Comment

It's 2008 dude....

Comment

Just ticks me off... cause i messaged him about 3 days ago, and he hasnt changed it..... I'd drive down there to look at the bike, and have him say it's a 98, and look at the VIN and say "O look it's an 88, i'll give you 300$ and thats it, it's 20 years old!

Comment

Originally posted by tjroux View Post
                            Just ticks me off... cause i messaged him about 3 days ago, and he hasnt changed it.....
                            Why get all upset? Jeez have you nothing better to do?
                            Are you really interested in that Kat? No matter what year it is?
                            If not, I think your energy is best put elsewhere..

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Wilson View Post
                              It's 2008 dude....

Every time I see that avatar of Tom
                              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
                              X