X

'06 Kat Alternator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '06 Kat Alternator

Not sure if anyone has asked this question in the past.. So I am sorry if I am asking it again .. I tried to look for an answer .. Even called Suzuki but they will not help me.

Does anyone know what the VOLTAGE output is on the '06 600F? I am wanting to buy a heated riding suit but from what I have read on line, I need something in the order of 300Watts + to make the suit warm.

If I can get the AMP output then I think I can convert it to watts with a formula ..

ANYWAY, Hope everyone is well and I am looking forward to hearing what you all have to say ..

Thanks again

Amps x Volts= Watts

Volts squared/Resistance = Watts

I don't think the charging system is capable of a lot of output. If the suit draws more than 10A (130-140 watts) I probably wouldn't do it, personally.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Thanks Loudnlow. Do you happen to know what the Amp rating is on the 06 600 Kat?..

Comment

No, I don't. I would guess 30 amps or so.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

try more like 15 to18

Comment

Really? Wow, I didn't think they'd run it that close. I figured with hi beams on, and the tail/brake light, together they'd draw close to 15 amps or so on their own.

But if you say it's so, I believe you. I've never tested mine.

Guess that rules out adding the subwoofer, huh?

Comment

Damn , I thought I read somewhere they had enough extra juice not to be worried about such things .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

98+ Kat's alternator output is 550 watts @ 5000 RPM.

You can calculate how much your lights and such use, but I'm not sure how much to attribute to the CDi, coils/plugs.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X