No announcement yet.
X

C-14, ZX-14, or Busa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell you that the busa has about the same comfort as a Kat...maybe just a bit more of a sporty posture when riding it. Of course you could get risers for the bars, custom seats, hard bags, etc. I've heard that the ZX-14 is a tad more comfortable but I think at that point, comfort is very subjective. I don't know that I would want to take either cross country.
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

The Connie would be for comfort...but the Busa, it would put me in gypsy heaven. I've had a weakness for them always. The one I rode had ergos that made me feel like I was diving though. Still my choice.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Zx if you wanna go fast
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Having owned a Busa for five years, a'14 for 6, and ridden a Connie for several weeks, I can honestly agree that it's about assessing your personal riding priorities. Assess what is important to you then review the three in relation to that. For me, it was more of a gut thing. I don't give a rats ass which is faster and all that jazz. They're all ridiculously capable performance-wise. Therefore, I just rode them and went with the one that spoke to me.
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

I know its not one of your choices but what about the BMW K1300S ? I testrode one and was kind of sold. On the other hand never tried the c14 or zx14. the busa I just would not own because of the looks not a fan.
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Having owned a Busa for five years, a'14 for 6, and ridden a Connie for several weeks, I can honestly agree that it's about assessing your personal riding priorities. Assess what is important to you then review the three in relation to that. For me, it was more of a gut thing. I don't give a rats ass which is faster and all that jazz. They're all ridiculously capable performance-wise. Therefore, I just rode them and went with the one that spoke to me.
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

I read this article a few months back when I was thinking about going with a big sport touring bike. Maybe it will help in your decision- http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/115/65...omparison.aspx
                Extra life.

Comment

the vfr1200 is a piece of shit, I liked the torque but that was only because I am used to the kat.
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                    the vfr1200 is a piece of shit, I liked the torque but that was only because I am used to the kat.
                    really?

please explain... I
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

The reviewers all called the 1200 "a great motor built around a second class frame"
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I have zero interest in a vfr.

ATM it is between the two kawi's. basically whether I want more of the comfort side or the raw power.
                        When I get some free time I'll give both another test drive and make a decision.

(Signature has been deleted due to upsetting people)
                        1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

If you wanna chew up miles for serious, go Connie.

If you think you might wanna maybe chew up miles some day, go ZX.
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Well, I have never ridden any of those bikes. However, I have yet to read anything negative about either the ZX or Concours. Seems that you can't go wrong with either. May just come down to a matter of aesthetics.
                            Extra life.

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                              really?

please explain... I
                              Bad brakes, no charm or fun, turns like crap, the auto gear box was not interesting. Suspension average. It din not make me smile while riding. For that price it shold be awesome. The BMW on the oter hand was Very responsive on all areas and fun. But cinti is not considering it so i Wont hijack this into BMW and vfr discussion.
                              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I've owned a busa and ridden the 14 a bit...the busa has much more seat to it...but you said in your original post "coast to coast" in which case I'd say NEITHER the busa nor the 14.

Someone on here mentioned the bandit...I also owned one of those and they are plenty fast, can be had for the price of a katana, and very very comfortable, especially after I added ROX bar risers and custom seat.

In my opinion, even though the busa and 14 are called "sport touring" I don't think they're as friendly for long distance rifding as the concourse or bandit
                                previous rides
                                06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
                                next ride - another kat

Comment

Working...
                                X