Ducati 999???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nero View Post
    Your maintenence skills will improve...
    lol true. after tearing down and putting back together my kat and zx14 id say im ready to tackle anything. that was a huge hassle!!!
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Really nice bike, but if you wanna spend a lot of money on it, go for it all the way, if your a bit low on budget, you might wanna change of bike' brand.... But overall nice bike!

Comment

Originally posted by snowboarder28 View Post
        Really nice bike, but if you wanna spend a lot of money on it, go for it all the way, if your a bit low on budget, you might wanna change of bike' brand.... But overall nice bike!
        I got 2 almost new bikes already, budget aint a problem. I just want something that im going to ride. the kat has been sitting since i got my 14
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:

Comment

I talked to a guy for a bit in my school parking lot that was riding a 748 (I believe you want a 749, not a 748). He said the maintenance wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, as long as you do your own work. It would cost a fortune to keep it up if you have everything done at the dealership, but it's not that difficult to do yourself. FWIW, the guy commuted on it every day, and had something like 40k miles on it with nothing bad to say.

There is also an 848 in our building here, and it sounds absolutely orgasmic running down the street. I've never spoken to the guy, but he only rides it maybe one per month anyway.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

ive always wanted a duc. i dont know much about them other than what ive read.
            what i have read about them is that they have cutting edge tech, high torque, and a massive power band.
            some say they are the "lamborgini" of the bike world. i believe that if you truly desire a bike like that, youll over come the difficulties(as in maintenance, repairs, specialty tools, comfort factor .. ect ect).
            as with any bike, its bound to have its high points and low points. many people dont like the "kats" because they are slower, tunned down and heaver than alot of other bikes but all of us here on KR have grown to love them. im sure that if you get a duc, youll find reasons to love it as well if your passion of it is strong enough.
            try one out, and if you dont like it, you can always sell it to me for $5 bucks lmao.... jk jk

Comment

i have alot of experience with the 999.... the 748, not as much time on... but both bikes are INCEREDIBLE machines... just hope you dont have to do in depth maintenance on them... their not exactly weekend mechanic friendly

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
              "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

I always thought of Ducati as like that gorgeous blond chick with the long fingernails and appetite for cocaine- great to look at, incredible fun to ride, but in the end you end up broke!

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                  I always thought of Ducati as like that gorgeous blond chick with the long fingernails and appetite for cocaine- great to look at, incredible fun to ride, but in the end you end up broke!
                  Great analogy! lol
                  Current Bikes:

Comment

Stuler Thanx for posting this question... Ducati is something im thinking of as well but not sure when I will get it but its definatly on my list. Im trying to figure out difference between jap bike and ducati ..if price is aproximatelly in the same range 13-17 K then what is that makes people being limited to get Ducati????? hhhhmmmm
                    2002 Suzuki GSX-750F
                    2007 Subaru Impreza
                    2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S

Comment

Originally posted by akeithan View Post
                      Im trying to figure out difference between jap bike and ducati ..
                      One is Japanese engineered, the other is Italian... whats to figure out??
                      1992- project katfighter
                      2005- GSXR750
                      2001- TL1000R
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I don't understand what everyone loves about ducs... No offense OP, if you like em I say go for it but "the Lamborghini of bikes" come on... I am unlikely to ever own a ducati, love the feeling of those 4 small cylinders taking me into warp speed trying with all their might to kill me. From a truly performance stand point 4 cylinders is better than 2. It is nice to have that torque but on such a light machine it is all about hp. Again if you like the duc go for it... That's why there are different options out there, because we all enjoy different things. And FWIW I think the duc is one of the most beautiful pieces of mass produced machinery there is(I could understand someone saying the duc is the ferrari of bikes if PURELY from a visual perspective)
                        95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                        Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                        ---
                        I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Originally posted by niqbales View Post
                          I don't understand what everyone loves about ducs... No offense OP, if you like em I say go for it but "the Lamborghini of bikes" come on... I am unlikely to ever own a ducati, love the feeling of those 4 small cylinders taking me into warp speed trying with all their might to kill me. From a truly performance stand point 4 cylinders is better than 2. It is nice to have that torque but on such a light machine it is all about hp. Again if you like the duc go for it... That's why there are different options out there, because we all enjoy different things. And FWIW I think the duc is one of the most beautiful pieces of mass produced machinery there is(I could understand someone saying the duc is the ferrari of bikes if PURELY from a visual perspective)
                          I currently own a zx14. imo its the best machine ever made. i will never get rid of this bike except to get another one. but a duc is a sexy bike and sounds mean.
                          Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                            One is Japanese engineered, the other is Italian... whats to figure out??
                            LOL I know that... I wanna know peoples experience what they think as far as fixing bike, riding etc....
                            2002 Suzuki GSX-750F
                            2007 Subaru Impreza
                            2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S

Comment

OK...Hello, I am the "Range" that Woobie spoke of. As for the 999, make sure the bike has an imaculate service history. This bike is NOT intended to use everyday, It truely is the Lamborgini of bikes. I am getting more comfortable, but my original feelings still hold true. I had it serviced, $500, and for that the mechanic (not a dealer) tore it down and went over it all. Changed blts, adjusted valves, new plugs, oil and filter....and got a clean bill of health. It had 15,000 KM and I have put less then 2K on her. Trust me, the "wow factor" makes up for its shortcommings. My buddy Haggisman (another long-time member here who has gone underground) has the 749 Dark....beautiful too. I could go on with more specifics if you would like.

Comment

My wife and I have had some great Ducs. If you want reference to self-wrenching tips or a great local shop just PM me. We're in J'ville. The 999 will be our next Duc.

For a full season I raced my '03 RC51 in SuperTwins against Ducs and Aprilias. There's some Ducati secrets out there. Don't let the " expensive maint...." BS get you down. You're on the right track. I won't sell my FJR either.

Originally posted by STULER View Post
                                but a duc is a sexy bike and sounds mean.

Comment

Working...
                                X