X

04 CBR600F4i and 05 Katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daemontrym View Post
    I would say mine suffered only about 10-15mph I am not totally sure cause I didn't get a speedo healer yet.

I think its worth it due to the balanced powerband you get from it since it revs up a lot quicker plus changing from the 530 pitch to 520 pitch chain smoothed shifting out a bit as well.

I don't ride it at 150-160 all the time on the highway so the topspeed doesn't matter much to me. The quicker acceleration, PC3, and K&N woke this bike up especially after the tune I loaded in the PC3
    That made it harder or easier to do a wheelie???

Originally posted by ken123allen View Post
    i have a 99 f4i thats torn completely apart.(my next project) the few i rode before getting this one were fun to ride but after 100 or so miles you will be pi$$in blood. its not comfy at all. not in the slightest. but then again im gettin up there in age, (30)
    I appreciate your honesty!

Most people want to say, "oh its not that bad. It's comfortable". But I think the Kat spoiled me, I get on one and it feels baaaad. I dont care tho I've made up my mind. I'm gettin an f4i! I'll keep the Kat around for when I'm going out of town.
    Last edited by erickdan; 10-23-2008, 09:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

you gotta go with what you want man, good luck

Comment

When I bought my Kat in 06 (04 750) when I first came back from Iraq. We had a soldier who bought an R1 and ate it doing 120 or so who almost died and walked around with one of those head frame things with screws in his skull. He was in my Battalion and my Sergeant Major brought us together on a sunday after it happend and had the wreckage of it on display to show us. The R1 was in 4 pieces and those were breaks in the frame too.

I refuse to ride stupid and not wear my gear ever since there. I have been up to the top speed on mine twice like nero. Once when I bought it after the break in period the other after changing sprockets, exhaust, PC3, and that.

I won't try to pop a wheelie, stunt, or anything dumb like that. I just enjoy the bike for what it is and when I find some twisties I have fun with them other than that im a laid back tourer.

Comment

I dont ride over 100 ever. So I dont care about the loss of top end.

I just dont understand much about sprocket changes. Does anyone know if the changes Daemontrym made in order to get more low end torque actually means? Is the bike more jumpy then? Would it theoretically be easier to pop a wheelie now compared to stock or not?

Comment

I don't think you'd have it wheelie on you on accident with a -1 +3 setup, or something like that... Heck I had a +5 (50t) rear on my Kat and didn't realize it.... Never a wheelie on that beast...

On an F4i, it should boil down to your throttle control habits...Smooth on the controls, and you got no worries...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Originally posted by erickdan View Post
              Would it theoretically be easier to pop a wheelie now compared to stock or not?
              You would need a sprocket the size of the rear tire to make it easy to wheelie a Katana.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

We're talking about a sprocket change to the F4i

i would never try and wheelie a Katana ;p
                Last edited by erickdan; 10-23-2008, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by erickdan View Post
                  We're talking about a sprocket change to the F4i

i would never try and wheelie a Katana ;p
                  Ok good, yeah the stock F4I will come up with a decent effort. Much easier than a katana, but carrying the weight is harder as the kat has more torque in the midrange, although as soon as it starts coming back down, it sinks like a rock. I don't know, Honda bikes have always felt weird to me. But yeah, the F4I has more power, but aint exactly wheelie happy. Gearing down would change that, just like any other bike that it chain driven.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Nothing too crazy. wheelies are a possibility but they wont happen unexpectedly lol

Comment

Scotty sorry I missread one of your posts..

On my R6 stock is 16T front and 48T rear..
                      I did the typical -1 +2 mod

As for it making the bike twitchy I would say it depends on the actual characteristics of the bike.
                      Between gsxr, cbr, zxxx, and rx are all different some have more midrange and torque then one another but lie in the same class. R6's are known to be practically top end only motors. So in my case on my R6 that gear change is more of a blessing then anything to harm the bike.
                      The bike has a bit more throttle response, low, and mid range power as well. The bike isn't actually producing a bunch more power its just reving up faster.

I dunno best way to put it is think of a Manual trans car with a lightened flywheel. It revs a lot faster then the stock one and keeps it in the powerband better.

My shifting was smoother because of the lighter rotating mass(aluminum rear sprocket and 520pitch Xring chain)

Comment

Working...
                      X