No announcement yet.
X

late model usd front end.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah but the point is late model forks.... busa forks are more abundant than 92-95 gsxr 1100 and 750 forks ya know?
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

Hello,

Option #4: Get a current GSXR front-end (2000+ should work) and use the bearing from Twin Works @ http://www.twinworksfactory.com/stor...d_bearing.html. Zoran (guy who owns Twin Works) is helpful and will let you know what front-ends specifically and possibly the off-set and length (if he has used one before)

The bearing replaces the one bearing that does not fit between the newest GSXR triples and the the Kat. The bearing is for the original SV650's but the Kat shares the same bearings. I used a RSU 2003 GSXR 600 on my Kat with this bearing and a lower bearing from a bearing supply place. I wanted a more 'sleeper' look so I stuck with RSU vs USD forks though I get fully adjustable and the better internals.

The 2003 GSXR 600 forks fit my Kat ignition module and the lock could be made to work. Infact without modification I have it working but the wheel is locked the oposisite side vs a normal Kat (ie tire pointing to right vs left sitting on seat)

As always with swapping front ends you will want to pay attention to a few things. Since most current USD front ends will probably end up shorter than your Kat you rake will be less (not a bad thing). But if you use a shorter fork you should really look for a set of triple trees with less off-set so that your trail stay close to stock to keep the stabile feeling of your Kat. Also you may want to pay attention to the difference in weight etc of the donor vs Kat as damping circuits may not deal peoperly with the heavier Kat. So far the 2003 GSXR 600 isn't bad but could use a slight tweak, had to crank up the preload a bit so the rebound is a bit harse on some sharper bumps.

TTYL, Jeff

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
      I am under the impresstion that a late model gixer front end can be fitted to a katana 2 way. corect?

Comment

lets go for a ride some time then! ride to hamliton smartsville some time during the week sound cool?
        Can't during the week because I work until 7:30-8:30 at night every day. Saturdays are cool though, once I get finished with the paint.

Comment

yeah but the point is late model forks.... busa forks are more abundant than 92-95 gsxr 1100 and 750 forks ya know?
          the point is you were all worried about 1100 forks, now you wanna get weaker forks cause they're easy to get. Don't make a whole lot of sense. Ya know?

Comment

Working...
          X