X

Someone stole on of my bar end weights :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone stole on of my bar end weights :(

Someone stole one of the bar end weights off my Katana.... I have a set I bought off ebay (the kind that are suppose to fit into a bar without the receivers built in) but the bolt is to large for the receiver that katana has welded into the bars.. any idea what size that is?

You sure someone stole it, or did it just vibrate loose and fall off while going down the road? Sorry not sure what size it is, I imagine you could pull the bolt out of the other bar end and match it up at a hardware store.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
      You sure someone stole it, or did it just vibrate loose and fall off while going down the road? Sorry not sure what size it is, I imagine you could pull the bolt out of the other bar end and match it up at a hardware store.
      I could, but I left the other bolt in my office and was going to try to go out and buy them now... Positive it was stolen.. Cause it was on the bike when I parked it in the morning, when I went down for lunch, it was gone... wasn't anywhere near the bike and the parking lot is flat so figured it didn't roll anywhere...

Comment

...what do bar end weights do that's so critical that someone would steal yours?

serious question - i thought they were just cosmetic?
        Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
        Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
        2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

Originally posted by black&blue View Post
          ...what do bar end weights do that's so critical that someone would steal yours?

They reduce vibration. Some people put sand or other suff inside bars to dampen it even more
          My YouTube Videos
          My motorcyle map!

Comment

why would someone steal yours though?

FWIW the damn hooligan squid who owned my kat before me put these annoying turn signal lights in the handlebar ends. totally useless for indicating i'm doing a damn thing.
            Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
            Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
            2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

FWIW the damn hooligan squid who owned my kat before me put these annoying turn signal lights in the handlebar ends. totally useless for indicating i'm doing a damn thing.
              Probably some damn hooligan squid put turn signals on the end of his bars and realised they were useless after he threw the old bar weights away....Then stole someone elses
              My YouTube Videos
              My motorcyle map!

Comment

Never underestimated the stupidity of dumb people... There has been documented cases of people stealing din plugs (for scuba diving) and leaving hundreds of dollars worth the regulators and other stuff (which is right next to the din plugs) cause the plugs are shiny and look expensive eventho they cost like 5 bucks a piece...

Comment

Mine fell off on the highway one day.

I just ordered a new OEM one from my local shop - it was around $30 I think.

Comment

Seen it happen to quite a few people I know believe it or not. I have a mismatched set right now cause I didn't get to replace the set yet.

Moral of the story is that thieves will steal ANYTHING!!

Comment

I guess I'm a stupid damn squid as I have led signals in my bar ends.

But then again I have Cheriff's custom stainless steel bars and ends which are much heavier than stock and much better for vibration damping, and other signals in addition.
                      Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

I have the bars on my GSX-R filled with rtv and lead shot, along with the heaviest bar ends I could find at a mc salvage yard. One of these days I am going to buy the heavy throttle meister bar ends with the throttle lock.
                        John,
                        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
                          Hehehe That got a chuckle out of me. Nothing squidly about customizing your bike ..Unless you customized it for your flip flops or something to that effect

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
                          I have the bars on my GSX-R filled with rtv and lead shot, along with the heaviest bar ends I could find at a mc salvage yard. One of these days I am going to buy the heavy throttle meister bar ends with the throttle lock.
                          How did that work out for you? I havent tried that, I just use gloves with gel pads in the palms, which actually did help a lot. My tire change helped a lot as well.
                          Last edited by Omnivore; 04-03-2012, 11:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          My YouTube Videos
                          My motorcyle map!

Comment

I guess my bars are already weighted then because my palms never bother me riding... my wrist occasionally cramps but otherwise nothing

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
                            But are you using them as your primary front turn signals?
                            Last edited by black&blue; 04-03-2012, 03:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                            X