X

Dumped it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumped it

Layed the kat down today. i went and had a new tire put on and as i was getting on the free way on ramp i guess i didnt take it easy enough and it just slid right out from under me. I was taking it slow to break it in but i guess it wasnt slow enough. i broke the clutch lever, shift lever, and the left foot peg broke off with a piece of the rear set bracket. luckily i had all my gear on and came out without a scratch, just alittle shook up. if you guys know of any places i can find the parts used or cheap it would be greatly appreciated.

2002 yzf600r 35k, 98 katana 750 black 49k, 95 cobra blown

Sorry to hear it. What tires did you get? Some tires are slimier than others when they're new.

As for parts, hit the parts for sale section or ebay.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

The damage doesn't sound too bad. I'm glad you had your gear on. I noticed in your sig that you also have a YZF600r...... nice bike as well!
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

sorry to hear that. glad you had your gear on. E-Bay has all you need, or you could keep your dollars in KR. I think a buck should take care of the new part. new parts ARE nice and shiny

Comment

Thanks guys i picked up everything I needed on ebay for around $75. Not too bad. I'm running a battlax 160/60. I should have taken a brillo pad to the tire before trying to get on the freeway.
          I slid about 20 feet on my dip can, luckily that saved my butt lol.

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
          The damage doesn't sound too bad. I'm glad you had your gear on. I noticed in your sig that you also have a YZF600r...... nice bike as well!
          Thanks! The yzf was my first bike. I love that thing!
          Last edited by ncj_23; 03-31-2012, 12:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Good to hear you're okay. Gotta watch those new tires. Wish I could help with parts, sadly, I don't have anything for ya, or it'd be yours.
            sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
            2004 Katana 600 - Gone
            2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Good that you're ok. Battlax should do well once you break them in.
              Some repairs, some miles on the new parts and it's water under the bridge.
              Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

glad you are ok.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

you can get really good prices from cheapbikeparts.com. I had to order a mirror and a speedometer cable. After my sisters kid knocked my bike over.

Comment

Was on a group ride with the San Diego Sportsbike Inititive and he told me about this Kat that went down on new tires. Small world. I got parts from a 600 that should work. You need anything else just hit me up. Know a guy that has a 93 750 for parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Legman View Post
                      Was on a group ride with the San Diego Sportsbike Inititive and he told me about this Kat that went down on new tires. Small world. I got parts from a 600 that should work. You need anything else just hit me up. Know a guy that has a 93 750 for parts.
                      Yeah i had a few bikers pull over and help me out. I having a hard time finding the front left foot peg bracket. I've found every other one out there but not mine lol. On my bike the foot peg is attached to the heel guard.

Comment

Let me see what I have. Will pm u my number.

Comment

Have you tried Parts Unlimited in Stanton, CA? If they have it, I'll happily go down there and pick it up for you (local to anaheim)

I had my own down this week on Tuesday, after a beautiful ride through Carbon Canyon I busted out my headlight and broke off the front half of the front fender - I got distracted in stop-and-go when a yellow suzuki went by lanesplitting and didn't catch the GMC ahead of me stopped.

Sounds like your down was worse tho, glad your gear did its job and the Kat did what I bought mine to do - be cheap to repair when I inevitably drop it.
                          Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                          Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                          2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

Originally posted by ncj_23 View Post
                            I slid about 20 feet on my dip can, luckily that saved my butt lol.
                            Haha

Comment

dip, like as in tobacco, or is this a slang bike term im not familiar with?
                              Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                              Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                              2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

Working...
                              X