No announcement yet.
X

Look what I bought :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay. That's what I thought you were doing after reading your response. Should look cleaner like that too.

Comment

That is going to be one scarey Kat!
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by sporty_drew View Post
        Okay. That's what I thought you were doing after reading your response. Should look cleaner like that too.
        Yup. Thats what I'm going for

Comment

Nice find. 1127's are getting harder to come by...
          Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

nice gotta love big power

Comment

Nice buy

Comment

Its Alive!!!

KatZilla ran tonight for the first time. Still having some carb issues though and was wondering if anyone has any ideas. If I give it any throttle at all it dies instantly, and it also has a very strange idle. It revs up a little then dies back down the revs up and dies down, and so on. I think im going to play with my mixture screws a little bit and go to 2 turns out instead of 2 1/2. Well here's a vid for you guys!!
                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjieaN2snik"]YouTube- MVI_1974.AVI[/ame]
                Last edited by streebs93; 03-10-2010, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Sweet! Great progress!
                  Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

to cool
                    sigpic
                    "TIME FLYS SO LIVE LIFE FAST"
                    { = X = }

Comment

Great stuff! was it alot of hustle to get that big boy into the frame?
                      Suzuki GSX600F 92'

Comment

Originally posted by shibby View Post
                        Great stuff! was it alot of hustle to get that big boy into the frame?

No, not at all. Only thing that causes problems is the breather cover. it hits the frame in one spot and the crossmember that helps support the gas tank. All in all, it was a very easy swap though.

Comment

That thing is a monster, cant wait to see her in action. Whatu say u were dropping that in?

Comment

Progress again!!

Well, I can get a couple revs outta her now. Still got carb issues, but heres a short vid. It anyone has ideas for the carb problems check out my thread in Mechanics 101 called Carb Help!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju_nuQB67l8"]YouTube- 1216 Carb Issues.AVI[/ame]

Comment

That doesnt sound like it is hitting on all 4 cylinders. Check your header tubes and make sure each are hot. I used an infrared thermomemter to check the temps and then adjusted the a/f screws idividually so they were all burning at the same temp. Mines not completely right though, it wants to stall at stop lights if it idles to long. Its at the shop right now being put on a dyno.
                              Originally posted by arsenic
                              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Well, shes back together now, sorta... Took it for a ride last night (virgin ride) and it was alright until I shifted into second and it popped to neutral right away...F*C*!!! No second gear...hope the guy who sold it to me makes it right... Well, today I rode with out second (like I had been doing all last season on my 600 LOL), and my only thought is "WHAT TOOK ME SOOO LONG TO DO THIS!!!" I have never felt so much pull in my life. Picks the front wheel off the ground effortlessly at 4 grand in first gear. The torque is remarkable...arm straightning power in 1st, skip second haha, third, and forth. Haven't even touched 5th yet and saw 120 and climbing in 4th at about 6 grand....then thought i should probably let off. I will ride it tomorrow like this because we will be having close to record highs here, and then ill tear it all apart and fix 2nd when it drops down to mid 30's again....so all in all it was worth the frustration of the carbs, but I really hope the guy who sold me the motor in perfect condition comes through and makes it right.... WHAT A RIDE!

Comment

Working...
                                X