z06 walks gixxer 1000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thetable View Post
    More buying, less talking.
    Just worry more about getting something that doesn't leak before you be stinckin' your nose into my buyin' biz.
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
      Just worry more about getting something that doesn't leak before you be stinckin' your nose into my buyin' biz.
      or something that doesnt have 6 gallons of water in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
        blah blah blah. Some times I gotta take a leak, sometimes, my bikes need to do the same.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post
          I just don't find it to be impressive for a bike to beat a car, I mean, they should. It's like comparing a bb gun to a cannon--totally two different rides for different purposes. Why not compare apples to apples?
          I think the whole idea is that these are STOCK bikes...and the cars are far from that.

Comment

Ok, how about an Ariel Atom??
            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpBySq_PwN8"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpBySq_PwN8[/ame]
            oh, and this too?
            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpwhB7wnVWQ"]YouTube- ariel atom vs viper vs cobra mustang drag race[/ame]
            or even this?
            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6MfC8UHbLk"]YouTube- Ariel Atom vs Z06 1/4 mile drag[/ame]

and here is a link to the atoms specs, i find them rather impressive

Last edited by WildSide; 02-23-2010, 02:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

What a horrible bike rider in the first vid. He over braked and barely threw the bike down to retain speed going into the corner and set up his line properly for an apex roll on of the throttle.

Not saying the Atom would not win since it is set up for handling beyond all else but it shoudl have been a lot closer.

The Atom is not even street legal after reading their sites conditions of sale. That is basically throwing up a track/race only vehicle against a street approved vehicle. If you wanted to play that game then one could pull up the street legal turbo charged Z14 and such.
              Last edited by soulpatch; 02-23-2010, 09:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              I am a Penn State fanatic.
              Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                What a horrible bike rider in the first vid. He over braked and barely threw the bike down to retain speed going into the corner and set up his line properly for an apex roll on of the throttle.

Not saying the Atom would not win since it is set up for handling beyond all else but it shoudl have been a lot closer.

The Atom is not even street legal after reading their sites conditions of sale. That is basically throwing up a track/race only vehicle against a street approved vehicle. If you wanted to play that game then one could pull up the street legal turbo charged Z14 and such.
                That is very true!! didn't think of that, but the Atom does look like a lot of fun thoe! I like it!

Comment

For that amount of money though you could get base lotus and that is street legal. might not have the same out the door performance but you get pretty darn close with all the amenities of a street car...

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                    For that amount of money though you could get base lotus and that is street legal. might not have the same out the door performance but you get pretty darn close with all the amenities of a street car...
                    Ariel is street legal, you just have to bring it in as a kit car.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Ariel is street legal, you just have to bring it in as a kit car.
                      Totally forgot about kit car rules. Good point.

Still I would prefer to have a dealer around for my car.....and a roof

Comment

Yeah, I'd love to have an atom but don't have the garage space... If I were to get a track car it would have to function as a potential daily driver... A $2k mazda miata would be a good fit for me...(a little girly admittedly, but nothing a coat of flat black paint can't fix...)

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post
                          If I were to get a track car it would have to function as a potential daily driver... A $2k mazda miata would be a good fit for me...(a little girly admittedly, but nothing a coat of flat black paint can't fix...)
                          Hard top, roll cage and a QR for the steering wheel. You won't feel girly at all pulling the steering wheel off and climbing in over door bars. Don't forget to set the steering wheel on the roof not only so everyone can see it, but also so you can get the 6 point harness fastened only to remember that the steering wheel is still on the roof.

And while we are on the subject, you have a line on any of those 2k miazdas? They are getting hard to find around here. Spec/Wrec Miata classes are making half way decent examples impossible to find.
                          Pics
                          Pics
                          No pics yet

Comment

Hard top, roll cage and a QR for the steering wheel. You won't feel girly at all pulling the steering wheel off and climbing in over door bars. Don't forget to set the steering wheel on the roof not only so everyone can see it, but also so you can get the 6 point harness fastened only to remember that the steering wheel is still on the roof.

And while we are on the subject, you have a line on any of those 2k miazdas? They are getting hard to find around here. Spec/Wrec Miata classes are making half way decent examples impossible to find.
                            there's a few on craigslist in my area...

1997 Mazda Miata - Great Car - Go Racing!! - $2900 (Fort Worth)

Whenever I look, there's always one in my price range if I were to put my R1 up for sale...(but I never can pull the trigger and part with my bike)
                            Last edited by allblackkat; 02-23-2010, 12:34 PM.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Keep the bike.
                              Pics
                              Pics
                              No pics yet

Comment

def keep the bike

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
                                "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
                                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
                                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

Working...
                                X