X

cheap great sounding exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap great sounding exhaust

hey guys this is my first post use this site for allot, as i bought my bike non running after a little work and post searches, drives great did alota stuff to it in a short amount of time got about 10xxx, bought it with 8xxx, put in some ngk plugs, rottela -t engine oil,carb cleaning,did my own seat recovering new tires with 160/60/17 rear, and 120/60/17 front, new chain oil temp sensor, and alotta other little things but heres my exhaust got the can for 40 on ebay 2.5 inlet, random coupler and pipes 20 at auto zone worked out great, runs good no idle problems sounds amazing, nice low rumble and its looks nice so here u go plz don't bash on it its not a yosh..or two bros..im poor so sorry lol but i thinks it sound as good if not better than those other brands.
    Attached Files

not bashing but it does look like a car muffler, where did you get your oil temp sensor? what kind of header is that?
    sigpic
    -Cory-
    1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

it is a car muffler, and its a 4 to one yosh header , and i got the oil temp from autozone and it goes up to 280 only and tapped into oil pan

Comment

oh ok, i didnt know autozone sold those. thanks
        sigpic
        -Cory-
        1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

Comment

Welcome to KR! This site is awesome
          "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Hells yea

Comment

Very Nice. I'm actually In the middle of a similar project. Bought 2 rs-3 damaged Yoshimura's on ebay for parts cost 35.50 got a Carbon fiber replacement sleeve from e-bay also cost 90.00 new packing and yosh. emblem from yoshiumura cost 28.00. ordered some mandrel bent pipes online cost 45.00. just need to put it all together when it all shows up.
              Should have a pretty nice setup for cheap.
              Richard
              96 Suzuki GSX750F
              89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
              05 Yamaha WR450F
              05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

so are you making your kat a street fighter?
                sigpic
                -Cory-
                1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

Comment

Looks good and if your happy with it thats all that matters. Where did you get that gas cap looks like you dont need a key for it and where can i get one?

Comment

welcome to KR, lookin good

Comment

Welcome to KR! I'd rotate that first 'U' clamp inward and get the bolt ends away from your foot. Other than that looks good for a quick exhaust. Do you have anything supporting the muffler in back?
                      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I've thought about going down that road a few times with the exhaust but couldn't convince myself to actually go through with it.

Comment

I did a similar setup on my "cafe" gs450, with a donated Two Brothers Racing can. It sounds great.

Comment

good work! sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get things working. I respect that. Just one thing.... punctuation makes things much easier to read and that post was like, one long sentence....

:P

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X