X

2001 Kat 750 or 2006 Kat 600??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Kat 750 or 2006 Kat 600??

Hi, well I'm ready to get back into riding again, last bike was a 99 Honda Shadow 750. I wanna go with a sport touring bike this time. I have looked at a lot of bikes, FZ1, FZ6, Ninja 650R, VFR/Interceptor, GSX650F, Bandits and the Katanas I have found two Katanas in my price range that I like and am considering, one is a 2001 750 with about 10k miles on it the other is a 2006 600 with about 3k miles on it. The 750 is mint while the 600 was layed down at a light and has some minor scrapes and dings on it. The damage is not as a bad as I have seen on other bikes layed down but it is there. Both bikes are in the same approximate price range. I like both bikes, one is blue and white the other is black. Is there anything I should be considering that I may be overlooking, resale, etc... I figured I would ask the experts here on this site.

Thanks,
    1WD

Either way they are both barely broke in. I have never driven the 600, but own a 2001 750. I personally like the 01, and it does everything I want to do. Its 92 HP and 50 Lbs Torque compared to the 78 HP and 40 Torque on the 600. I'd personally never buy a laid down bike, but thats just me.
    My YouTube Videos
    My motorcyle map!

Comment

750. I couldn't see me riding a 600.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Might as well get the 750 while you're at it. Only big difference is the higher handlebars.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I like the 750 post kat .

Comment

Thanks for the input so far. I obviously would like more power, who doesn't, but its not a deal breaker. I'm 6'2", so I could use a few extra horses. I am also not in favor of buying a bike that is damaged but it is fairly minimal. I am leaning towards the 750 but didn't want to rule out the 600, since its newer and might be a quicker resale if I sell it for some reason down the road.

scottynoface - the 01 750 has higher handle bars?? Guess I didn't notice a huge difference between the two bikes. But I did check them out at different times.

Comment

I had a 93 600, my roommate had an 01 750, and neither was any faster than the other.

You neglected to mention what your plans are for this bike...commuter? Weekend fun?

Resale on katanas is pretty decent, but they aren't worth a lot to start with so its all about what kind of deal you can get.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by 1WD View Post
                I am leaning towards the 750 but didn't want to rule out the 600, since its newer and might be a quicker resale if I sell it for some reason down the road.
                Katanas don't sell to well even a little bit. I wouldn't factor that into the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  Katanas don't sell to well even a little bit. I wouldn't factor that into the equation.
                  I think that would depend on location, here kats sell real well. I would take where you live into consideration.

Comment

Okay, if you live anywhere but Texas Katanas don't sell well.

Comment

This bike would be for weekend fun or anytime I could sneak a ride in. Katana's don't seem to sell that well here (CT) either, although in the Tri-state area (CT-NY-NJ) the prices are higher than anywhere else I've seen them.

Comment

I would sit on both and buy the most comfortable fit.
                        2004 Honda ST1300
                        1999 Katana 750 (sold)

Comment

They are both worth the same amt, so buy whichever you like best...

Comment

Working...
                          X