• rust

how would you get out rust??

What from a shirt?
    Gas tank?
    Chain?
    Frame?

throw us a bone..

Comment

Usually with chemicals/sanding/grinding/blasting. Depends on where it is, and how big.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
        Usually with chemicals/sanding/grinding/blasting. Depends on where it is, and how big.
        I tried to grind a rust spot out of a shirt once.. Didn't work too well..

Comment

I've not found anything that'll get rust stains out yet . That's why I have "work shirts" . But toothpaste can get some stains out ok , but wears the material pretty thin so it may turn into a hole within a couple washes ....
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

If you mean from inside tanks, or other parts, do a search for electrolysis, and my name here. I have tried it, it works.
            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

From clothing, there is rust remover -- soaking cotton in CLR for 20-60 minutes and then immediately tossing it into the wash will usually do the job.

Tank: http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/moto..._tankrust.html

Frame: take it to your powdercoater -- he'll strip it and recoat it after removing the rust.

Bearings: replace

Internal components: wire brush and prayer. Then replace when that doesn't work.

Electrical connectors: emory cloth, electronics cleaner, and then repack with dielectric grease. Or replace the whole connector with a new molex connector.

Wiring: replace.

Header bolts, exhaust bolts, other fastners: Kroil by Kano Labs.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                Originally posted by steves
                I tried to grind a rust spot out of a shirt once.. Didn't work too well..
                yeah but you should have tried taking the shirt off first....when do the bandages come off?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
                X