• Swingarm's and Tire fitment

Waltari:
    RF900 swingarm with some spacer mods
    180 tire with Busa wheel

note: you can use a gsxr wheel, RF900 wheel or busa wheel

Sinfulkat:
    Bandit 400 wheel will fit stock swingarm
    88-89 gsxr wheel will work 4.5"

Note from Thazkat and sinfulkat: you need atleast a 4" wheel for a 160/60 tire, the stock 3.5" pre98 wheel causes a mushroom look and the edge falls off to fast and there is no way for you to get rid of the 1.5" chicken strip unless you like sliding sideways.

for the swingarm swap:
    Busa
    RF900
    Gixer
    swingarms will work with a bit of modification to the frame for clearance and homemade spacer's. You can go to this link for more info on the swingarm swap

more info to come via questions
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

wow you did it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
      wow you did it!!
      are you trying to be a smart arse

I actually want to add pics in the near future for those interested
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Should become a sticky
        '98 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by FTGRET
          Should become a sticky
          it is going to be, I have already asked for it to be stickied.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          Who knows what is next?

Comment

Actually, I'm running a RF900 rear rim. No idea if a busa rim will fit or not. I know a bandit 1200 rim is a straight swap for the RF900 rear rim.

Comment

The RF900 and Bandit 1200 arms are basically the same arm though there is a couple different style of brake arms and calipers mounts. Just make sure to get a caliper mount and arm that matches the swingarm you're using.

The lower subframe rails must be cut and welded higher up as the wider swingarm will make contact with the lower subframe rail on the clutch lever (left) side of the bike.

Since the footpegs/brackets are on the lower rail they will either be at a higher more aggresive riding position or you must weld lugs into the frame downtubes and use some kind of bolt on rearset of anotehr donor bike.

I made the spacers show below so I could keep the stock needle bearings in the RF900 arm but also use the stock katana pivot bolt (to avoid having to drill out the frame for a larger bolt).

The RF900 arm is slight more narrrow tha n the kat arm so you must also make a small spacer for each side (sorry don't have the thickness measurements in front of me).

After that, you can use your stock shock or better yet a unit from and RF900 that matches your arm. You'll need to fabriated dog bones with a slight offset at the top because of a slightly steeper angle on the upper shock mount.

Oh...the busa part of my rear end comes in the form of a later model busa rear caliper/master.

Comment

Yes, thank you Waltari for the input. I was hoping for those pics. I have been told by other's that the Busa rear wheel is the same as Gixer and RF 900.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                Who knows what is next?

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                  Yes, thank you Waltari for the input. I was hoping for those pics. I have been told by other's that the Busa rear wheel is the same as Gixer and RF 900.
                  well there ya go

Comment

OK, so for a Pre 98 600 wanting to upgrade I can.....

a. Post 98 rear
                    b. RF900 rear
                    c. Bandit 400 rear

d. How about a SV650 rear?

Comment

RF900 Complete Rear

Ok guys I have stumbled onto pretty much everything from the back of an RF900 there are a few questions i had before i went ahead with the final purchase. All the parts are currently on ebay and hopefully will get for a really good price. Anyway the questions are. Will the stock rf900 dogbones be correct? Will the 900 shock be suitable for 2 up riding as well as 1? Will the master cylinder on my kat work on the rf swing with the correct bracket or is the rear brakes on the rf900 just as good? Is the swingarm lighter or heavier being its aluminum? What Chain guard will fit? What other problems did anyone run into on this? Chain and sprocket length and such. Thanks ~Heath

Comment

Ok guys just got my RF swingarm in, in the mail, i recieved brake master with the bar on it, swingarm, dogbones and the weird lookin piece shaped like a plus sign i guess you would say. The shock and reservoir all in one piece of course. How would I go about getting the shock tested before I put it on? Or should I just stick it on and make sure its ok. I am debating whether or not to do the swingarm as I spoke with waltari and I think it may be the narrower one. it has a U shaped channel on it where the brake bar mounts however the brake bar goes around the outside of it not on the inside. So I may sell this swing arm and look for the wider one since I want to put a 180 Tire on my bike anyway and that was the purpose for me getting this swingarm. Ohh and the wider rim, since with the narrower swing i can only use a 4.5 inch rim i don't know if a 180 will fit on that. Thanks ~Heath

Comment

Heath...post of a photo of the arm (clear shot of the inside on the brake caliper side) and I can tell you which it is.

Matthew

Comment

alrighty can do tomorrow. Thanks Matt

Comment

Here is a pic from the bottom from the back. and if you need one with the brake arm attached i have that too.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X