X

Anybody ever install this??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever install this??

Well I've been looking for a way to make the KAT a bit more sporty looking and found a kit I really like and would like some input from you guys.

Has anyone ever installed this kit or seen one in person?? What are your thoughts as far as quality from this company and or this kit. I am pretty good with modifying kits and w fiberglass so minor dormant changes dont worry me as much as it just being a peice of junk.

Thanks for any input I can get

--Dan

That's for a GSXR, not a kat. Won't fit directly, and probably won't look all that great installed.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I figured if have some mods to do to it to get a fit just was not sure how the rear section would line up. I was just seeing if anyone had done one before on a kat

--Dan

Also prob should have put thread in body area if a mod wants to move it...

Comment

03 r1 tails fit ive got it on my 93 750 still working on a full body change maybe an fzr 1000 kit

Comment

Originally posted by martock76 View Post
          03 r1 tails fit ive got it on my 93 750 still working on a full body change maybe an fzr 1000 kit
          Anything fits with enough work
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Pics?!?!?! how much work was involved?
            1991 Katana 750 (Red) (sold)
            2007 GSXR 600

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              Anything fits with enough work
              Thats what she said.
              Originally posted by arsenic
              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                Thats what she said.
                2007 GSXR 600

Comment

Looks Different, but not sure its worth the price tag... But if you do get it.. Good luck with the Mod
                  Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

It would prob work with some modification, not sure it would be worth the time, effort and cash for me, but best of luck to ya
                    If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got.

Comment

It would probably not work, and if somehow you did get it to fit, it would be an expensive butchered body job.
                      GSXR body widths are a bit smaller than kat's. Sit my 92 naked kat next to my buddy's 97 GSXR and my frame is wider than his fairings.
                      1992- project katfighter
                      2005- GSXR750
                      2001- TL1000R
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                        Thats what she said.
                        She must have said that before she met me.....
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Do you have pics of the r1 tail?

Comment

Ya for real cause I'm starting think "bullish!t"
                            2007 GSXR 600

Comment

r1 tail on 93 kat no cutting just slips on and the seat holds it in place
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X