No announcement yet.
X

Installing Jet Kit. How to / When / and how much. Write UP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks... I pretty much have that solved by redoing the floats, I only saw a few small drips this time around...
    2006 50th ann. R1 (drive weekends only.....), 1996 750 Katana (daily driver), 2004 Dodge SRT-4 (garage queen only 3000 miles), and 2006 Black Dodge Ram SLT (rainy weather driver)

Comment

Excellant post, I learned a lot from you guys. Helped tremendously.

Comment

great info. thanks!
        600cc shifter kart

Comment

DOH
          Used to have all the time in the world to work on bikes - but no resources.
          Now I have the resources, but no time.

Comment

How much?

I've gotten one quote from the closest Suzuki dealer for 6 hours at $75 per hour. That's not including a jet kit. I'm thinking the total will be around $600. Good, bad, OK? It's a mod that's a little over my head.

Comment

I was in at the local dealer talking to them. I told them that I wanted to tear it down, clean it up, set the floats and re jet it, get it close enough to drive and have them dyno it and being it all home. He said that they normally charge $200 for a cleaning and $200 to dyno and jet.
              98 Integra GSR
              96 Kat 750

Don't be like me

Comment

Re: How much?

Originally posted by TheCoop
                I've gotten one quote from the closest Suzuki dealer for 6 hours at $75 per hour. That's not including a jet kit. I'm thinking the total will be around $600. Good, bad, OK? It's a mod that's a little over my head.
                get a quote on riding it in with no plastics. most dealerships charge 1-2 hours to just remove the plastics, if all they have to do is unbolt the tank and do the carb work its alot quicker.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I saw someone (maybe you) had done this and saved a bunch. I will definately do so. In fact, I'll probably have them off already prepping them for paint....
                  98 Integra GSR
                  96 Kat 750

Don't be like me

Comment

Re: How much?

Originally posted by TheCoop
                    That's CRAP . Try someone else , or see if anyone in the area could be talked into it for alot cheaper . I've done a couple for pizza .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I need to learn more about Jets, they seem complicated.
                      Mikey B.
                      '95 Katana 600
                      Line-X Kat

Comment

where can I purchase jets at seperatly? I have an ivans jet kit in the bike but I believe the previous owner changed the mains to larger and that is causing me to run really rich.

I would like to have the 110? main jets in hand when I tinker with the carbs incase they are different.

Is 110 the correct jet for me? Stock airbox/filter, scorpion slip-on, ignition advancer

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert
                          where can I purchase jets at seperatly?
                          Most shops , many online retailers . They AIN'T hard to find . BUT , some jets don't work with some needles . I found out the hard way DJ needles don't like Mikuni jets .So be sure the jets you buy will work with your stuff .

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                            Originally posted by 87vert
                            where can I purchase jets at seperatly?
                            Most shops , many online retailers . They AIN'T hard to find . BUT , some jets don't work with some needles . I found out the hard way DJ needles don't like Mikuni jets .So be sure the jets you buy will work with your stuff .
                            I think my Jet kit is either a ivans or factory, I ordered the jets from factory they recommended 2 117.5 and 2 115, I forget which ones were supposed to be inner and which ones on the outer carbs. lol

they were like 12bux after shipping.

Comment

I just took apart my carbs and they have 120 jets and the pilots were set at 4 turns

Comment

For future reference , if they give you 2 different sizes like that , the bigger ones'll go in the middle .

Comment

Working...
                                X