Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb problem reread carb 101 not helping

Okay I have a REAL backfire problem.

Gas keeps spitting out the carbs while at idle... no choke

Situation: bandit 1200 swap and have been using the old katana 600 carbs because they fit and worked, just popped on decel for about 5 months now... Installed 07 GSXR exhaust without cat....

problems begin after installing the factory bandit 1200 carbs

Cleaned the SHIZ out of the bandit 1200 carbs and installed... was able to run the bike and sync the carbs but as soon as i gave it throttle it died... ANY throttle at all it dies

Tore the carbs apart and recleaned
    Changed the plugs and was able to get the bike to throttle... However its still running pretty rough stuttering all the way up to about 6k then it takes off like a bandit... idle is set pretty high to keep it running

problem1... do i need to resync the carbs after the second clean? and if i didn't would they cause this much of a problem

problem2... When the bike idles i keep getting spits of gas out the carbs... could the timing be off? or is their a sync problem?

problem3... How do you stop the decel backfires???

I had the same gas spitting issue when my pilot jets weren't sealing properly and I was getting too much gas in the float bowls. As for the backfiring it could also be from too much gas detonating. I personally like the sound of a little backfire when engine breaking. but to each their own. Hope this helps a little.

dannyj
    1999 Katana 750 K&N filter, Yoshi slip-on, 2nd LED strobe brake light, white LED driving lights mounted on the front reflector bracket, amber LED strobes for PGR missions and funerals, American and PGR Flag mount. Because its the right thing to do!

Comment

I like the sound as well when i had the kat carbs on but the bandit ones make it a lot worse and a lot louder... everything in general is louder with the bandit carbs vs the old 600 kat carbs... idk why but it seems that way at least

Comment

Being it seems ok @ 6 k i would look at primary jets again sounds to me like it may still be dirty did you use air to blow ports out or rod out jet etc?

Comment

I just used compressed air can... and now i have a bunch of gas cleaner in the tank now...

Comment

Working...
          X