No announcement yet.
X

Chain guard tabs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine came without a guard and wouldn't pass inspection. Had to buy one on eBay. May want to look into that before permanently removing it. Leaving the tabs on would make it easy to remove and replace if you so wish.

Comment

There is no age limit for being a squid..
      I never took the side that the chain guard was for protecting you if the chain breaks.
      4 people on a board of 20,000 which is one board out of thousands think chain guards are for safety Nazis.. Great, so every mass produced motorcycle made in the last 110 years is a product of liberal nanny state precautions..

I got it..

Comment

le sigh....
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

EDIT: ah hell, nevermind....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I used to work in a factory. 30, 50, 80, and 150k tonne presses for parts forming. In the 7 years I worked there, 3 people lost parts of themselves.. 1 was 3 fingers, one was at the wrist, one was halfway up the arm... no chance of re-attatchment due to the parts being crushed beyond use.

All 3 "accidents" were preventable, but the individuals removed/disabled the required safty catches, buttons, or otherwise safety options to prevent it from happening...

All 3 had used that "Safety Nazi" term too as I recall.

But hey, it's your body...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

do you have 1 on your bike krey?

Comment

Absolutely... still using the stock one atm.

I'll always have one... may upgrade to something flashier when I get around to doing more "pretty" mods and less major mods...

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

When I puchased my 750 in September it was missing the chain guard so.
                  I found a used one and put it on. MAN was it ugly, and I think thats why
                  mine and others have been removed. So I just made my own http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=106285
                  only cost a few bucks!!!
                  I personally think its a good idea to run with one.
                  Richard
                  96 Suzuki GSX750F
                  89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                  05 Yamaha WR450F
                  05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Mine was missing when I bought my bike, the tabs were broken off. I'd run one just to keep all the chain lube off my leg
                    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by PSU08 View Post
                      Mine came without a guard and wouldn't pass inspection. Had to buy one on eBay.
                      Mine also came without the chain guard and didn't pass inspection. Plus the chain guard keeps the oil from spraying off of the chain and onto your cloths and bike.

Comment

I am surprised some one would even thing of riding without one on

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                          Who runs without a chain guard?
                          Uhhh... Hello?? How many times have we been out riding, and you didn't notice that I didn't have one????

Mine didn't come with one, we have no inspection here, so I never worried about it.

The busa swingarm I just picked up has one tho, I suppose I'll leave it on.... for now
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

mine was broke when i got it and i had no real reason to buy another ugly one.... i suppose i can cut 1 out on the cnc sumday

Comment

mine broke off
                              98 GSX750F
                              95 Honda VT600 vlx
                              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                                It's not to prevent the chain from hitting you....

It's to prevent parts of you from getting into the chain/sprocket when it's properly on the bike and things are moving....

What starts as a shoe lace or jeans pants leg, can easily turn into the picture I posted....

What happens when you put parts of you in between the chain/sprocket?...

A chain guard helps to prevent this from happeing to other parts of you by accident.

Krey
                                what the hell kinda friggin idiot cleans the chain...

1) With wd40, which will actually make it get dirtier faster in the future
                                2) By hand.....with the engine running and bike in gear...when you could easily just turn the darn wheel....

and... He cut half his hand off and the first thing he did was..take pictures of it...what the hell?

Anyway, i also point out.....if something like that happened at highway speed....you cant just stop the chain...

Man, sure are a lot of dumb squids on gixxer.com ...

i just found this classic...guy put energy drink in his fuel tank....

Last edited by phroziac; 04-26-2010, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X