No announcement yet.
X

Tank Rust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you take the bolts out, then put them back in ... every 15 mins you rotate the tank... you don't need to do much of anything special to them or the threads. Just don't put them in and leave them.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

On my fuel tanks, an older KZ400 and my current Ninja 250 tanks I took them to the local radiator shop. He cleans them, and seals them up with a red coating, probably Red-Cote(?). They never rusted after that, nor leaked afterwards. For what it's worth, my original Ninja 250 tank had a whitish cream colored lining inside of it when I bought the bike and and never rusted nor leaked.
      Tony
      1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

I used KBS Gold Standard tank repair kit and I couldn't be happier with the results.
        Check out there web site or there uTube video.
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
        Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
        R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
        1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
        RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
        3BBB turn signal mirrors,
        Black painted seat and rear trim,
        Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

take the tank off seal your holes, apply a thick coat of wax to the tank, fill tank with vinegar and let sit for like 2 or 3 days, take to carwash and rinse
          JANGALIZZLE

Comment

Working...
          X