No announcement yet.
X

Some LED How to's..Updated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know all turn signals must be amber in color by law. Break lights have to bed red.

I'm not sure where your from but that makes a large difference in what you can and can not get away with. Around here accent lights of basically any color slide by with out the cops saying to much (state troupers would probably stop you).

I've seen people pulled over before for having colored turn signals. I have never seen one pulled over for accent lights.

Now when you start getting into flashing accent stuff the rules change. Red and Blue go right out the window as those are the color the cops use. Amber you could probably get away with as that is a generic color that is used for all sorts of things like tow trucks and such. Green is usually fine as the only thing that uses those colors is hazmat teams.

The cops who I have talked with say they usually don't bother people with green lights as apposed to the red and blue.

Also keep in mind that accents are a good way to be seen at night which is good and bad. Good because other cars see you. Bad because the cops really see you.

If your going to ride around with them on make sure and don't do any thing stupid.

When you are parked some place basically any accent lighting color is fine as far as I've heard.

Now as for leds that emulate black lights they do make them but they emit very little visible light. So unless you have some thing that is florescent on your tires/bike/gear then you really will not see much at all.

The leds that I used in my led pods were 10,000mcd 5mm. If any one around central ohio would like to see them some time feel free to shoot me a message and let me know. I would also be willing to make some if some one needed them.

Comment

I need more free time to make these freakin things
      Just remember: Satan loves you

Comment

Could one use, if it exists, an LED blinker unit instead of a standard unit? I know they make them for cars, but do they exist for bikes> (fix rapid flash rate)

Comment

Working...
        X