Today I did something I NEVER do....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KSlawman
    Somebodys got a girl friend!!!!
    At least you got a riding partner, hope she's not just using you for your ride.
    Kidding, cool for you.
    too young to be a girlfriend. I've got 15 years on her.
    it's a "fling" at best.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

too bad this lending spirit hasn't spread to ron
      what made you do it?
      Live and Lean.
      When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
      "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
      Romans 3:23

Comment

Originally posted by TheKlic
        too bad this lending spirit hasn't spread to ron
        what made you do it?
        I realized that they are just old bikes that have either payed for themselves long ago, or that I picked up dirt cheap. so even though I do not want anything to happen to them, it isn't going to break the bank if something does. I have a healthy stock pile of spare parts anyway, in case something does. I have double...and even triple of every last part I could ever need....so that helps.

But the best thing is seeing the smile on her face. Because of funds, her bike has been put away for pretty much most of the summer. I felt bad for her....so I took the chance. It was worth it.

Comment

Hey Mike, got any pics of the little lady without the helmet? I want to see what kind of woman would make you break your longstanding rule about not lending your bike
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
            Hey Mike, got any pics of the little lady without the helmet? I want to see what kind of woman would make you break your longstanding rule about not lending your bike
            well if you think it will better help to understand the sudden change of heart, here ya go....

Gotta tell ya though....it had nothing to do with her looks. It was her enthusiasim. She knows more about bikes than most guys I know.

Here she is....and the bikes she has owned.

The kawa and the blue/white srad were both stolen. It fucked her insurance rates up so bad that she had to go to a 97 gsxr just to be able to insure it.
            I feel bad for her. So now she has that, but the timing chain is screwed.

Comment

don't let her store your bike
              2 bikes stolen? that Kawa was beautiful
              Live and Lean.
              When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
              "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
              Romans 3:23

Comment

I gotta hand it to ya Mojoe, you're a brave soul lending out your bike to anyone unless its a close friend or family member. I don't lend my bike to anyone, or let anyone ride it. Not because I think it's better than anyone else's but because too much stuff can potentially happen out on the road to be on someone else's bike. The only person to have ever road my bike is Charlie who took it around her block, and Keith road it at the gap last year.

She definately seems to know her way around bikes and has experience so if you were going to lend it to someone, she was a good choice

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                  I gotta hand it to ya Mojoe, you're a brave soul lending out your bike to anyone unless its a close friend or family member. I don't lend my bike to anyone, or let anyone ride it. Not because I think it's better than anyone else's but because too much stuff can potentially happen out on the road to be on someone else's bike. The only person to have ever road my bike is Charlie who took it around her block, and Keith road it at the gap last year.

She definately seems to know her way around bikes and has experience so if you were going to lend it to someone, she was a good choice
                  I used to feel the exact same way....but like I said, they are old bikes. I am due for a newer one soon......so my 1100 will be set aside for just that...to lend when needed.

Comment

Very nice pics of her and the bike. I think i would mabe slip too and let her ride my bike.
                    It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Working...
                    X